27 Apr 2010
Playstation Staff

PS3 Audio Problem on Samsung TV via HDMI

4 Replies 1,214 Views Created 27-04-2010

Sorry if this problem has been addressed on another thread but I don't think I found it specifically  when searching.

I have been having a weird issue lately with audio and specifically playing music on my PS3 via HDMI in my Samsung TV (I have a Samsung L23R71). When I play music it sounds like it does when you have headphones on but they are slightly out of the socket. Music sounds weird istrumental parts sound isolated, and on one song a during a guitar solo, you hear everything but the guitar. I have tried watching video on my PS3 but I can't distinguish any problems as much as I can on music. I found on one thread that the someone had a Samsung TV for 4 years, I've had mine since January 2007, and his HDMI had started to act up and the HDMI socket or port on the TV may have gone. Someone on that thread (http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/HDMI-connection-problem-desperate-for-help/td-...) suggested getting the component AV cable. I know that will only got to 1080i but my TV won't go above that anyway. Does anyone think that may be a solution for me?

Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (1,214 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 Audio Problem on Samsung TV via HDMI

I also have an Xbox 360 connected via component AV and the music sounds fine on it by the way.

Thanks for your help.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (1,210 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

as the PS3 component cables are about £10-£15, it might well be worth a go.

I was going to suggest fiddling with the audio settings on the PS3, but if they used to work ok, might not be the problem, and I'm not sure which ones to look at :smileysad:

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (1,208 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I've tried doing that and no good. Going to order the Component AV cable and see if it works.

Thanks for you help.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (1,207 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

If anyone has been having a similar problem, the component cable seems to have worked. Worried my TV might break down completely soon though.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (1,174 Views)
0 Kudos