16 Mar 2012

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

PS3 Corrupt Hard Disk File System

4 Replies 26,062 Views Created 16-03-2012

Help!

My nephew turned the ps3 off last night without exiting his game first and today wen he tried to turn it back on it came up with a message saying the hard disks file system is corrupted and to restore the system. We clicked ok to restore to default settings and the ps3 completed and restarted, wen it restarted it came up with the same message and it just keeps doing the same thing. The same thing happend to me a few yrs ago with this same ps3 and i restarted the ps3 and got into the screen with the 6 options for restoring the ps3 and fixed the issue without loosing saved game data. however (as i am not on location and am trying to instruct my parents on how to do it...) they hav not been succesful with getting this screen up. the only other option i hav found online is to pull the hardrive out?

Please help me!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (26,062 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 Corrupt Hard Disk File System

HDD could possibly be dead, or become faulty at reading, I suggest you remove and re-seat if not, replace it

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (26,061 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Do NOT take out your hard drive. if you do you'll lose all of your saved data, photo's and video's forever. 

Heres a link so you can explain how to get into safe mode and try and fix it from there. 

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Technical/Using-the-Safe-Mode-function-on-your-...

www.alphazone4.co.uk
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (26,050 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Sorry, i couldn't edit my last post.

I would advise first trying option 3. If option 3 doesn't fix it, try option 4

.   As Rabid explains in the post, option 4 will erase certain things, so try option 3 first.

If options 3 and 4 don't fix it, option 5 would be the last resort.

www.alphazone4.co.uk
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (26,049 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thanks for all the help, at first wen my parents tried getting into the option menu it didnt work. then my nephew turned the ps3 on again after a few hours and it came up. as i now hav my own ps3 and no longer play any of my favourate games on my parents ps3 its just my 9 yr old nephew who has games on it and he was not upset to hav to loose all his saved game data over loosing the ps3. so we chose option 5 and lost everything... unfortunately he did not remember his online password either so we couldnt get any of his online saved data either (luckily we hav never purchased anything online!!)

:-D

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (26,024 Views)
0 Kudos