23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

PS3 Freezes After The Last Update(3.61)

21 Replies 6,223 Views Created 16-05-2011

Hello i got a Slim 320 and today after the update it freezes every 2 hours and the temperature is around 40 celcious.

I checked over the net and i saw that many other people have the same problem without any solutions....

My Question is, does my ps3 will die or  the update caused it and it will be fixed?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

FranceDj

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FranceDj
Accepted Solution

I've got your same problem after the uptade.

My PS3 freezes with Star Ocean and GT5.

The update caused it?

0 Kudos

Rif.: PS3 Freezes After The Last Update(3.61)

/16

Shakes75

20%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Shakes75
Accepted Solution

Dear Sony,

:Help:  :Help:  :Help:  :Help:  :Help:  :Help:  :Help:  :Help:  :Help:  :Help:  :Help:  :Help:  :Help:  :Help:  :Help: 

please fix your update because i also have problems now with LA Noire. It also will freeze if you go to there sony network shop thru the menu options from la noire. I discovered this aswell last night, i found it strange because i went  earlier on the network (day before) only then i received a fault because of the system error when you guys where still down due to your maintance/hacking problem.

Anyway i  didn't receive any problems yet when im playing the game. (knock on wood)

I know you guys are extremly busy due to last issues but a lot of people have been waiting for this game and with 2 big releases expecting begin June (infamous 2 and duke nukem).I hope for you guys this will be fixed by then. 

With Regards.   

0 Kudos

Re: PS3 Freezes After The Last Update(3.61)

/16

Revso

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Revso
Accepted Solution

Its starting to happen to me to D: never did before on my 6month old 160gig slim.

0 Kudos

/16

DarkChaos32

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DarkChaos32
Accepted Solution

Hi im with you guys my ps3 fat has started freezing on various games since the 3.61 update gt5, singstar dance, fifa 11 to name but a few and there is alot more of us out there that ive seen on various forums, i just hope this update hasnt completley killed my beloved ps3. I will be contacting customer support over the next couple of days to see what is going to be done about the issue.

0 Kudos

/16

RoofTyler1

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RoofTyler1
Accepted Solution

I'm having a similar problem, it just turns itself off in my case though. I thought it might have been a dust issue, and since mine was not under warranty any longer, I decided to open it up and pull the dust out, all that did was extend the timeframe between my ps3 slim turning off. After a bit of reading I seen the issue everyone has. But in the news articles I found, they seem to be pointing at the older models, but in fact it is affecting slims also. I hope that sony get this fixed. I am getting some games, and I would love to play them without my system shutting off...

0 Kudos

/16

nuwonda

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
nuwonda
Accepted Solution

The 3.61 update definitely and most certainly causes issues acros all ps3 models (fat and slim), you may not be affected, good for you.

When I tried to update with my perfectly fine PS3 Slim (120GB) the console just switched itself off prematurely. All LEDs dead. I had to unplug, wait, replug and switch on but then the console now would only stay on for a few seconds and then switch off again, unplug, replug, rince repeat endlessly...

I downloaded the update on a USB stick and started the console in safe mode, first thing it did without me selecting anything is installing the update, this time sucessfully. Great, I thought, problem solved!

Console would boot up fine and didnt switch off, all looked good, I let it run on dashboard level for 30 mins or more, no issues. Then I launched a game. It loaded, 3 minutes into selecting options, the console switched off again. All LEDs dead. Unplug, replug, switch on again, all fine on Dashboard level, just can't start anything cause the console will switch off again randomly. Eventually, I tried all safe mode options up until formatting the whole console. Nothing helped and now I can't even set the system info because it would switch off before I can finish with the settings.

This is directly linked to 3.61 update anyone trying to tell you otherwise is either not affected or works for Sony.

I recommend more thorough QA to Sony before releasing updates among other things. 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

SatnToothRipper

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SatnToothRipper
Accepted Solution

So.... my ps3 slim 120gb has been great over the last year or 2...

The minute i started updating the 3.61, the ps3 shut off and blinked red. I had to unplug it. I managed to install the update after doing this about 3 or 4 times.

It seemed to be fine after this for a bit. Then every now and then during gameplay or use it would turn off randomly still... Yesterday i spent a chunk of the day playing black ops and it was shutting off without making it through a game. It smoothed out at some point yesterday and i eventually stopped playing and turned it off normally

Tonight I turn it back on (untouched since last night) and it goes green, then really quickly green to yellow to green to yellow to green to yellow followed by 3 beeps... then sets into the red blinking light. If i turn it back on again it will not turn on, only go green /yellow, beep 3 times and then flash red

It is definitely this update. Im just another person wondering how this is going to turn out with Sony. I certainly dont have enough money at the moment to buy a new one and I guess I'll be pretty ***** off if I'm told its my fault and I should suck it up basically

0 Kudos

/16

BIGG_DOGG_MIKE

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BIGG_DOGG_MIKE
Accepted Solution

I just got my PS3 Fat..120GB  i installed the new 3.61 update and it will not even play a game it will start up fine but when i start to play a game it will go into the load mode and then it will shut down saying that i have NO SIGNAL ....Is there anyone that figured out the problem yet. to get the consoles back online for gaming..........

0 Kudos

/16

AaronAustin28

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AaronAustin28
Accepted Solution

Seems like eeryone is haing this problem. Including me, mine freezes at the main menu(XMB). Sony please fix this. I wiped my hardrie ant that didn't work. 

0 Kudos

/16

DarkChaos32

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DarkChaos32
Accepted Solution

Phoned customer services today Sony are still saying the 3.61 update wasnt the problem and there had only been a few people ring up about this issue, so come on guys and girls get on the phone to customer services and log your problem with them so they have to atleast acknowledge there is a problem.

0 Kudos

/16

HyperMusic

33%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
HyperMusic
Accepted Solution
My PS3 was fine until the update came out. It freezes after about 20-30 mins of gameplay then if I reset it freezes about every 5 mins.

VERY ANNOYING!!!! Ive tryed ringing customer service but was on hold for 15 mins so I emailed them instead and still no reply. Beginning to lose faith in sony very rapidly!
0 Kudos

/16

TTDegs

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TTDegs
Accepted Solution
has everyone / ANYone done the safe boot, option 3 thing?

see link below, but be sure to read about the implications of choosing the wrong option.
http://faq.en.playstation.com/cgi-bin/scee_gb.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?locale=en_GB&p_faqid=4545&...

Note that occasionally, a second safe boot may be required, choosing option 4 this time.
Option 4 WILL remove some (less vital) stuff - see above link for details.

Backup of game saves are always a good idea though, just in case.
You have 2 options - individual saves to usb stick, or a full backup to external usb HDD
0 Kudos

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

/16

DarkChaos32

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DarkChaos32
Accepted Solution

Yeah done all that that was the first thing the customer services guy asked me aswell but tbh i wouldnt of posted here or spent 50 mins on the phone to customer services if i hadnt, i do get that there are some  people they may not of done the whole safe mode thing but im not one of them.

thanks for trying to help

0 Kudos

/16

DarkChaos32

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DarkChaos32
Accepted Solution

Well switched on my PS3 today after leaving it for a couple of days now it wont even load in the xmb, this is getting beyond a joke now sony need to get their heads out of the sand and be man enough to admit there is an issue with 3.61 update and certain machines, im really not a big fan of the 360 but at least microsoft did the right thing when it happened to them by replacing the consoles their firmware had caused to crash and burn.

0 Kudos

/16

BailleBoyz

33%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BailleBoyz
Accepted Solution

this is because no one can find he numbers to phone so we cant complain

0 Kudos

/16

Jew_man23

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Jew_man23
Accepted Solution

I have the 40 gig model ps3 and a week after the update 3.61 my ps3 turned off and flashed the red lights now this weekend i turned on my ps3 for 20 minutes and its never turning on again it still shows its over heated!!

0 Kudos

/16

umbrella-22

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
umbrella-22
Accepted Solution

Please bump this topic with your replies guys about this,

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/Everyone-who-has-had-their-PS3-breakdown-this-...

more people mention on there hopefully more chance of sony taking notice.

0 Kudos

/16

Ultra_Gizmo_64

39%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ultra_Gizmo_64
Accepted Solution

Something is fishy here....

0 Kudos

/16

sparkley

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sparkley
Accepted Solution

Yea 3.61 was a while ago from when I was posting this comment and my PS3 died:smileysad:, and I think I now know why.The PS3 died about a week after the update and I heard that the PS3 keeps freezing on this update, I cant remember that happening but it might of and I heard some games kept freezing. Only one of my game froze and I thought it was caused by a scratch, it was FIFA11. I saw another comment on FIFA11 freezing and now I know why.I also heard the PS3 gets much hotter than usually which now I think my PS3 died due to overheating. If you have the same problem I recommend what I did, get a new slim PS3 that will last longer YLOD (Yellow Light of Death) free. I think the update thing only happens on big fat chunky 60GB PS3's.Do you have one because my dead one was big 60GB.

Thanks for making this topic otherwise I would of never knew why FIFA11 froze and why my PS3 died.

Sparkley,All day PS3 player!

0 Kudos

/16

telekinetickill

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
telekinetickill
Accepted Solution

Dear Sony,

I'v had my PS3 almost a year. I have been very proud and bragged to my friends with an Xbox. I know your happy to hear that. Until the crash, however, I have been very unhappy until PSN was back online. Now my PS3 will turn on and sometimes load the main screen. If it does it lets me look around. All my friends don't load and when I select something it freezes. I had 2 games and 4 movies downloading. Did I over load my PS3? But when I clicked on the download mangement it goes into the folder but it says i don't have anything loading. When I get VERY mad I turn it off calmly. I wait. Then I hear the 3 beeps like when it freezes and you turn it off. Well I waited a day. Hey, it didn't turn off. So the only other way is to unplug it( I do this not to waste electricity). It's never done this to me before. Don't bother sending me a message on my PSN account. Please send it to andrewpopejoy@yahoo.com

From,

Telekinetickill

P.S: I really need help BEFORE Modern Warfare 3

:Help: :Help: : Help:

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel