16 May 2011

Playstation Staff

PS3 Freezes After The Last Update(3.61)

21 Replies 5,934 Views Created 16-05-2011

Hello i got a Slim 320 and today after the update it freezes every 2 hours and the temperature is around 40 celcious.

I checked over the net and i saw that many other people have the same problem without any solutions....

My Question is, does my ps3 will die or  the update caused it and it will be fixed?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22 (5,934 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Rif.: PS3 Freezes After The Last Update(3.61)

I've got your same problem after the uptade.

My PS3 freezes with Star Ocean and GT5.

The update caused it?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22 (5,855 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 Freezes After The Last Update(3.61)

Dear Sony,

:Help:  :Help:  :Help:  :Help:  :Help:  :Help:  :Help:  :Help:  :Help:  :Help:  :Help:  :Help:  :Help:  :Help:  :Help: 

please fix your update because i also have problems now with LA Noire. It also will freeze if you go to there sony network shop thru the menu options from la noire. I discovered this aswell last night, i found it strange because i went  earlier on the network (day before) only then i received a fault because of the system error when you guys where still down due to your maintance/hacking problem.

Anyway i  didn't receive any problems yet when im playing the game. (knock on wood)

I know you guys are extremly busy due to last issues but a lot of people have been waiting for this game and with 2 big releases expecting begin June (infamous 2 and duke nukem).I hope for you guys this will be fixed by then. 

With Regards.   

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22 (3,723 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Its starting to happen to me to D: never did before on my 6month old 160gig slim.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22 (3,700 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Hi im with you guys my ps3 fat has started freezing on various games since the 3.61 update gt5, singstar dance, fifa 11 to name but a few and there is alot more of us out there that ive seen on various forums, i just hope this update hasnt completley killed my beloved ps3. I will be contacting customer support over the next couple of days to see what is going to be done about the issue.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22 (3,459 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I'm having a similar problem, it just turns itself off in my case though. I thought it might have been a dust issue, and since mine was not under warranty any longer, I decided to open it up and pull the dust out, all that did was extend the timeframe between my ps3 slim turning off. After a bit of reading I seen the issue everyone has. But in the news articles I found, they seem to be pointing at the older models, but in fact it is affecting slims also. I hope that sony get this fixed. I am getting some games, and I would love to play them without my system shutting off...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22 (3,412 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

The 3.61 update definitely and most certainly causes issues acros all ps3 models (fat and slim), you may not be affected, good for you.

When I tried to update with my perfectly fine PS3 Slim (120GB) the console just switched itself off prematurely. All LEDs dead. I had to unplug, wait, replug and switch on but then the console now would only stay on for a few seconds and then switch off again, unplug, replug, rince repeat endlessly...

I downloaded the update on a USB stick and started the console in safe mode, first thing it did without me selecting anything is installing the update, this time sucessfully. Great, I thought, problem solved!

Console would boot up fine and didnt switch off, all looked good, I let it run on dashboard level for 30 mins or more, no issues. Then I launched a game. It loaded, 3 minutes into selecting options, the console switched off again. All LEDs dead. Unplug, replug, switch on again, all fine on Dashboard level, just can't start anything cause the console will switch off again randomly. Eventually, I tried all safe mode options up until formatting the whole console. Nothing helped and now I can't even set the system info because it would switch off before I can finish with the settings.

This is directly linked to 3.61 update anyone trying to tell you otherwise is either not affected or works for Sony.

I recommend more thorough QA to Sony before releasing updates among other things. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22 (3,362 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

So.... my ps3 slim 120gb has been great over the last year or 2...

The minute i started updating the 3.61, the ps3 shut off and blinked red. I had to unplug it. I managed to install the update after doing this about 3 or 4 times.

It seemed to be fine after this for a bit. Then every now and then during gameplay or use it would turn off randomly still... Yesterday i spent a chunk of the day playing black ops and it was shutting off without making it through a game. It smoothed out at some point yesterday and i eventually stopped playing and turned it off normally

Tonight I turn it back on (untouched since last night) and it goes green, then really quickly green to yellow to green to yellow to green to yellow followed by 3 beeps... then sets into the red blinking light. If i turn it back on again it will not turn on, only go green /yellow, beep 3 times and then flash red

It is definitely this update. Im just another person wondering how this is going to turn out with Sony. I certainly dont have enough money at the moment to buy a new one and I guess I'll be pretty ***** off if I'm told its my fault and I should suck it up basically

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22 (3,295 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I just got my PS3 Fat..120GB  i installed the new 3.61 update and it will not even play a game it will start up fine but when i start to play a game it will go into the load mode and then it will shut down saying that i have NO SIGNAL ....Is there anyone that figured out the problem yet. to get the consoles back online for gaming..........

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22 (3,253 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Seems like eeryone is haing this problem. Including me, mine freezes at the main menu(XMB). Sony please fix this. I wiped my hardrie ant that didn't work. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22 (3,159 Views)
0 Kudos