02 Mar 2012
MVP
Playstation Staff

PS3 - Friend dissapeared from list...

4 Replies 827 Views Created 02-03-2012

Evening,

Bit of a strange one.  A friend on my list has dissapeared.  i still show on his list but nothing on mine.

he's got a vita and mentioned that if he's been on that, he may appear at the bottom of the list (no idea tbh). anyhow, he's not there at all.

i have tried to re-add him but it says he's already on my list of friends.  i've asked him to delete and re-add me and just waiting for him to do that.

has anyone else had anything similar happen? if i log into uk.playstation.com he shows up on my friends list on there.

confused.com!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (827 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 - Friend dissapeared from list...

Same happened to me on my PS3 yesterday and on my Vita a few days ago. I just logged out of the PSN and back in again and it came back.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (821 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

cheers, have tried signing out and back in but still not there. see if he magically turns up again one day :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (814 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

there's another thread around somewhere, possibly hinting at the cause... Maybe.

Something about the Vita having more background colours for the ID box, including some that the PS3 doesn't have, and therefore (possibly) can't display.

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (810 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the mention TTDegs.

Yes ive created a thread that i believe explains the cause of the problem (Vita exclusive profile colours) and you can find it here,
http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/PS3-Vita-Friends-List-Problem-linked-with-prof...

This is what the thread reads as

Martain2 wrote:

I have had a person on my friends list for about a month with no problems but ever since he has got a PS Vita and changed his profile colour to one that is not supported on the PS3 (the gold/yellow option) he now no longer appears on my PS3 friends lists at all even though we are still friends, when i check his profile it doesn't give me the option to Add Friend and he still shows on my Android PSN app on my phone which does not use the profile colours.

Can this be sorted as it appears to be a major problem linked to something as silly as extra profile colours only available on the Vita (and should be added to the PS3 system as well)

I have also emailed Sony about this today so will report when i get a reply.

LATEST PLATINUM: Hotline Miami

*Click here to view my PSN Profile*

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (797 Views)
0 Kudos