11 Apr 2012

Playstation Staff

PS3 HDMI (NO SIGNAL DETECTED)

6 Replies 24,399 Views Created 11-04-2012

From yesturday my PS3 hdmi port doesn't work i tryed to reset the video output but nothin seem's to work, only a/v cable works but the rezolutions sucks.Any solution can this hdmi port be change?I don't have any warrenty

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (24,399 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 HDMI (NO SIGNAL DETECTED)

Try using a different HDMI cable and resetting your TV. These may resolve the issue straight away and save you considerable numbers of pennies! Another thing is to try it in another TV altogether and see if it works.
None of the internals of the PS3 can be changed by the user without a significant degree of skill and research. I wouldn't recommend that as you risk wrecking the console.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (24,396 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I tryed 3 different cables and i tryed on other TV's and monitors nothing seems to work:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (24,392 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Try following these steps to enter safe mode. Don't do any of the options if you can't see anything but let me know if you can see the menu that is supposed to appear :smileyhappy:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Technical/Using-the-Safe-Mode-function-on-your-...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (24,381 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Using the hdmi output i can't see anything still no signal detected
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (24,379 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

hmm... Try connecting both methods to the TV and seeing if you can use the regular connection to specify a HDMI resolution. The system should then be able to toggle to the HDMI connector which should appear if you change the channel.

If this doesn't work you might wanna try calling Sony anyway and seeing if there's anything at all they can offer you. Who knows, they may still replace it for free :smileyhappy: It's worth a try! You can get the info here.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (24,374 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I just had this same problem not half an hour ago. I was so mad and ready to try and sell my ps3 because it did still work with av cable. I came across a post that said to reset my tv, which is a sony bravia, and I looked the directions on how to do so online. had to wait ten mins while it searched for tv channels but it worked fine afterward. I hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (24,075 Views)
0 Kudos