07 Oct 2009
By: Sully-7- Member 594 Posts
Level 3

PS3 Port Forwarding

[ Edited ]
3 Replies 7,417 Views edited 07-10-2009

Hey all!

Not too sure If this is right to be posted here so, Mods, if not, my apologies and move it to it's rightful place :smileyhappy:

Back to topic...

I'm having real problems Inviting a friend into COD4. I've checked what ports need to be opened which is 28960 (from what I've gathered) at the moment, the ports I have done are as follows :

Number  Enabled     Description    Inbound Port    Type        Private IP Address    Outbound Port

1        (Ticked)        COD4 1         28960            TCP           192.168.2.*                  28960

2        (Ticked)        COD4 2         28960            UDP           192.168.2.*                  28960

(The stars in the IP address are actually numbers on the actual setup)

My mate who I'm trying to invite (and is trying to invite me) has exactly the same set up on his but obviously for his IP address. When we're inviting it's STILL coming up "Unable To Connect To Host" ...even on a Private Match.
However, someone else I've got added has invited me and it's worked first time.

Can someone give me advice on this? Are the settings wrong? Could it be something wrong with my friends? Or is it just one of those things that is 'tough luck'?

The wireless router I have is a Belkin (not entirely sure of the model of it)

ISP is Virgin. 

Any info would be much appreciated. 

Message Edited by Sully-7- on 07-10-2009 10:54 PM

ShowOff || Daaaaamn I'm Good
Twitter : @LSully7
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (7,417 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Re: PS3 Port Forwarding

Have you set up a static IP for your forwarded ports? it would also be alot simplier to set said static IP for your ps3 as DMZ(demilitarized Zone)which would simply open all available ports.

www.portforward.com should give you all the info you need

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (7,405 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

As I have no idea if I've set a static IP address I'm going to presume that I haven't?! How would I know/Go about doing so? Not the greatest when it comes to the techy side of things, but aslong as I've got something I could follow I can do it.

Tried that link, selected my router but it said about purchasing some PF Config or something lol.  

Just so I know, the setting i've got at the moment that I posted above, are they basically doing nothing? 

ShowOff || Daaaaamn I'm Good
Twitter : @LSully7
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (7,403 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

As far as im aware the settings you have done so far wont work as you'll have to tell your router which device you want to forward the ports to.

If your using windows xp follow this link http://www.portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm

If your using windows vista then this one http://www.portforward.com/networking/static-vista.htm

Once you've set up the static ip go back into you router setting look every where for an option to set up DMZ but only for the IP you have assigned your PS3 , DO NOT SET DMZ FOR YOUR PC'S IP

If you have anymore questions feel free to message me and i'll try my best to help.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (7,379 Views)
0 Kudos