24 Apr 2012
By: mdogg91 Member 103 Posts
Level 1

PS3 Problem, Long Start Ups/ Not Loading Textures Properly HELP

6 Replies 1,398 Views Created 24-04-2012

Hi all

Ive had my 80gb ps3 for 3 1/2   years now and ive been getting more and more problems with it as of late.

First off, Turning the ps3 on causes a 1 minute+  start up 

Second, Playing Playstation Home and Uncharted 1 the other day suffered from sound issues.

And today playing uncharted 2 the level didnt load all the textures meaning emptyness in front of me.... plus the cutscenes started stuttering the words over and over before going back to normal and being out of sync with the voices.

As far as im aware its not the bluray drive or the discs as their spotless.. and these problems occur even without using discs

So my guess is either the hard drive or the ps3 itself.... BTW ive done database rebuild etc and that hasnt helped

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (1,398 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Re: PS3 Problem, Long Start Ups/ Not Loading Textures Properly HELP

check your connections from the ps3 to the tv

if it aint them then it might be time to upgrade to a slim im afriad

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (1,394 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Im pretty sure its nothing to do with my TV.  But thanks for your comment anyway.

I think I may have to convert to a slim if this continues, But not intill I know for definite its the console itself,  

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (1,390 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

see if you can try it on a friends tv as that is the only way to tell :smileyhappy:

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (1,387 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

back up your saves
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (1,383 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

My guess is HDD also mate. I had similar problems and replaced the HDD and now it's been fine for years lol

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (1,376 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

I would try a few optimisations of the PS3 before getting too rash!

Try the following tutorial and enter safe mode, then work your way from the top of the menu to the bottom and check after each option to see if it's sped up at all. You may want to do the formatting one last as it wipes the entire console :smileywink:

Link: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Technical/Using-the-Safe-Mode-function-on-your-...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (1,320 Views)
0 Kudos