04 May 2010
By: Stevierogrog

2 Posts
Accepted Solution

PS3 SLIM 120GB FIFA COMMENTARY PROBLEM

4 Replies 9,747 Views Created 04-05-2010

Hi ya hopefully someone may be able to help me with this really strange problem.

I was bought a PS3 for my 18th birthday bundled with FIFA 10.

The game, the console everything etc works completely fine.

The only problem is their is no audio commentary on Fifa at all. Here is a list of the things I have tried to attempt solving this problem. Please let me know if you've got any other ideas or suggestions...

I have tried....

Using a standard AV/Scart connection. (The commentary did work but why would I want to view it on AV when I can use HD).

2 different HDMI cables

2 different Televisions

I have swapped the copy of Fifa 10 for another in the store i purchased it from

Looked at all of the game settings and confirmed that audio is set to on and on full volume

Looked at all settings for the console itself and all seem to be fine

I have tried playing an earlier version of Fifa 08. No commentary in this game either

Tried contacting EA through their email support service. The service is broken

Tried looking for an EA sports helpline number (Apparently this doesn't exist)

I've searched the net for hours looking for answers.

Checked for updates to both system and games

I today swapped fpr a new PS3 from the store I purchased the original from. (Same problem, new console)

I have looked through 100's of forum threads

and now I am completely stuck as to what to do from here. Has anyone got any bright ideas. Obviously I can still use the console and the game but what's Fifa without the commentary.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (9,747 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Re: PS3 SLIM 120GB FIFA COMMENTARY PROBLEM

this may seem like a strange question - but what are you connecting the PS3 to for audio? Is it the TV, or a separate amp?

And if the TV, does it have separate speakers, or more than 2 speakers?

The commentary comes from the centre speaker, whereas everything else comes from left / right front / rear

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (9,745 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

On the xmb goto settings, Audio output settings and then just select linear pcm2 ch.44.1kh and 48kh make sure nothing else is selected and see if that works....

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (9,741 Views)
0 Kudos

Thank you both for your suggestions, especially chatty72. This was a really helpful solution. Many new slim users could also face this same problem with their new consoles. I would have never worked it out. Once again Thanks. :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (9,725 Views)
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot I believe this just helped me too! My commentary on all my sports games wouldn't work and I searched for the answer of this SAME question on Yahoo! and it listed this page. I bet this will help a lot of PS3 owners. Thanks again. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (7,499 Views)
0 Kudos