New messages in the last hour
Get a response within minutes
92% percent of messages responded to
I have tried many times, I follow the steps correctly, but whenever I 'should' get the recovery options menu, my PS3 starts installing a patch and because the patch doesn't finish (stuck at 99%, no error message) I am literaley stuck, I can't boot in safe mode because it is installing a patch and nor can I finish the patch. PLEASE HELP! I am willing to reset my entire ps3 system.
Solved! Go to solution
You're sure you're following the steps listed below for accessing Safe Mode? Because, given that Safe Mode option #6 is a system update, it seems odd that it'd try and update to get into Safe Mode :)
- Turn off the PLAYSTATION 3 by holding the Power button on the front of the unit till the Power light is red.
- Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, meaning the PLAYSTATION 3 is powering on.
- Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep, indicating the video reset.
- Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a third beep and the system will power off (Power light is red).
- Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, again for the PLAYSTATION 3 to power on.
- Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep for video reset.
- Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a quick double beep. At that point release the Power button. If you succeeded in activating Safe Mode, you will see a message on the screen saying, "Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button."
My problem isn't that I am not initiating safe boot correctly, my issue is that I cannot start safe mode, because my patch wont go past 99% (stuck), and because every time I reboot the PS3 it initiates the 4.11 patch over again, I cannot open the safe mode menu, after the safe menu 'should' appear the patch starts installing.