02 Mar 2012
By: Aesiron Member 14 Posts
Level 1
Accepted Solution

PS3 Safe Mode boot doesn't work...

5 Replies 4,838 Views Created 02-03-2012

I have tried many times, I follow the steps correctly, but whenever I 'should' get the recovery options menu, my PS3 starts installing a patch and because the patch doesn't finish (stuck at 99%, no error message) I am literaley stuck, I can't boot in safe mode because it is installing a patch and nor can I finish the patch. PLEASE HELP! I am willing to reset my entire ps3 system.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (4,838 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Re: PS3 Safe Mode boot doesn't work...

You're sure you're following the steps listed below for accessing Safe Mode? Because, given that Safe Mode option #6 is a system update, it seems odd that it'd try and update to get into Safe Mode :smileyhappy:

- Turn off the PLAYSTATION 3 by holding the Power button on the front of the unit till the Power light is red.

- Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, meaning the PLAYSTATION 3 is powering on.

- Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep, indicating the video reset.

- Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a third beep and the system will power off (Power light is red).

- Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, again for the PLAYSTATION 3 to power on.

- Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep for video reset.

- Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a quick double beep.  At that point release the Power button.  If you succeeded in activating Safe Mode, you will see a message on the screen saying, "Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button."

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/627262?start=0&tstart=0

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (4,828 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

My problem isn't that I am not initiating safe boot correctly, my issue is that I cannot start safe mode, because my patch wont go past 99% (stuck), and because every time I reboot the PS3 it initiates the 4.11 patch over again, I cannot open the safe mode menu, after the safe menu 'should' appear the patch starts installing.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (4,821 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

The only thing you can do is change the hard drive mate, sorry.
Follow fi8767 on Twitter
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (4,817 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

That is what I am going to do now, thanks.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (4,809 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Assuming the install patch is firmware. Once you've swapped the HDD and got it working, you may be able to put the original drive back without it looping.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (4,805 Views)
0 Kudos