03 Dec 2010
Playstation Staff

PS3 cant connect to internet/psn, even though my other PS3 can

5 Replies 12,347 Views Created 03-12-2010

My 160gb playstation 3 has stopped connecting to the internet, i haven't used this console for the last few weeks, but as i went to do so today, it would not connect.

Every time i try to connect to the PSN it comes up with error code '80130182'

after changing network settings and testing it, it comes up with error code '80010201'

sometimes the PS3 wont even register that it has a ethernet cable plugged in, or wont even find the wireless router

i have tried re-starting it and re-starting the wireless router

i have tried wireless & wired connections

My PS3 slim however connects to the internet perfectly through a wireless connection and i download & play fine.

Another thing i noticed is the wireless icon (by the usb slots) on the ps3 only flashes green when the system is turned on, but stops as soon as the xmb menu loads

Any help at all, would be much appreciated!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (12,347 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 cant connect to internet/psn, even though my other PS3 can

I'm also getting the error code 80130182 on my PS3 Slim which was connected to my wireless network up to a few weeks ago and not cannot connect to the system even though it sees the network and can read a strength of 97%. Now I have a range of Mac and PC computers and laptops attached to my Apple Airport Extreme along with two iPhones and they all work fine. I also have a PS3 fat that works fine on the same wireless network so my question is, 'Is the PS3 Slim -broken- and if so is it best just to get it looked at as it's still under warranty (even though it's a pain to return top the shop) or is there a quick fix?'

I'm running MediaLink which works fine with the PS3 fat (which has the latest PS3 OS 3.55) and have turned off the Media Link option on the PS3 Slim to try and get a connection. I've also disconnected the power supply, re-entered the wireless WPA info (which it constantly tells me is wrong, even though it is right) and have now no idea what else to do. It briefly worked about a week ago as I managed to download the Pac-Man demo but now it's useless again.

Any thoughts?

'Tell 'em I died game...'
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (12,313 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 cant connect to internet/psn, even though my other PS3 can

I have been having the same problem for the past few days, error code 80130182, i have tried everything that has been suggested, but still no luck.

Does anyone have a solution to this.?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (12,162 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

SOLUTION to "Can't connect to Playstation Network" w/wireless connection!

[ Edited ]

After spending two days trouble-shooting...

Mind you, if your PS3 is able to get an ip address, and internet, but refuses to connect to the Playstation netowork, check these things!

1. Reset modem, router and ps3. Leave each device off for at least 30 minutes. If your broadband (cable or DSL) modem has a battery, you'll need to take it out, then reseat it (with the power of off course).

2. On the Ps3 - Disable the Multimedia server, under Network settings.

3. Here's the kicker...if you have a cell phone with a WIFI  connection (also connected to your home router). TURN IT OFF! My Blackberry killed my PS3 wireless connectivity. You read that right.

If you need additional assistance let me know, I'd be happy to help.

Mark A Ross
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (12,164 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: SOLUTION to "Can't connect to Playstation Network" w/wireless connection!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (12,015 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: SOLUTION to "Can't connect to Playstation Network" w/wireless connection!

This worked.  Turning off my wireless on my android phone fixed the problem.  THANK YOU!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (9,720 Views)
0 Kudos