25 Mar 2010
By: cadvan6

2 Posts
Accepted Solution

PS3 doesn't work, help?

[ Edited ]
4 Replies 1,691 Views edited 25-03-2010

My brother was playing on FF13. It worked fine then. After he goes out, I go to play on it and it doesn't work. Specifically the problem is that it turns on fine with the PS3 tune and such. And then when it has the background and all the log in server images are supposed to show they don't. So it is just a blank background where nothing, no buttons or anything, can be done. And when I hold in the button to reset it does the three beep thing, and resets afterwards if I keep it held in. Once I turn it on again, same thing happens.

(By the way, this is my first message, so it probably doesn't end up in the right place.)

It is an 80gb, one of the bigger PS3s.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (1,691 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Re: PS3 doesn't work, help?

What type of PS3 do you have? There is a topic further down the page regarding FF13 and older PS3's which are having problems as well.. Seems to only affect the origianl models tho, as in the 40/60g versions from and around launch... Had this happen to me as well, game freezing when playing FF13 and afterwards not being able to read(or even acknowledge) games inserted in the console....
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (1,689 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

The 'freezing at load screen', whilst not common, does crop up from time to time.

No idea if it is related to the problems other people are having with FF XII though.

9 times out of 10, to fix the freeze, you can boot into safe mode and choose option 3 (make sure you choose the right option! others will delete a lot of info you might not want to loose...)
click the link below for details on how to get into safe boot mode, and the implications of what data might disappear for each of the options :smileyhappy:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-General/How-to-access-Playstation-3-SAFE-MODE/m-p/4...

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (1,682 Views)
0 Kudos

yh i dont get it yesterday i was playing my ps3 n it was fine then ma dad went in the room n thn 2 hours later i went back on it and then the ps3 system never read any inserted games......why is this?......is there anything to help me get it fixed?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (1,027 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

have a read of my blu ray problems thread in my sig line below :smileyhappy:

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (1,013 Views)