01 Jan 2010
By westy40

Playstation Staff

PS3 headset

7 Replies 5,475 Views Created 01-01-2010

I've recently bought an official PS3 wireless headset and after having a few iniatial problems in getting a connection between the PS3 slim consul and the actual headset,I can't  hear other users in the game(Call of Duty,World at War) through the actual speaker in my ear but only through the television itself.People can hear me in their earpeices when i speak through my microphone,it's really wierd and very annoying.

I've got the latest software downloaded so i just can't see what the problem is.

Does anybody have any suggestions what the problem could be?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (5,475 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 headset

[ Edited ]

Hello.

This should fix it for you:

1) Scroll along to the 'Settings' tab on the XMB.

2) Scroll down to 'Accessory Settings'. Press 'X' to enter.

3) Scroll down to 'Audio Device Settings'. Press 'X' to enter.

4) Scroll down to 'Output Device'.

This should read 'Wireless Headset' (Or something similar) for both 'Input Device' and 'Output Device'. 

You'll need to change the 'Output Device' to the headset, as opposed to the 'System Default Device' that may currently be selected.

Hope that helps.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (5,472 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thanks for your help my friend but I've already done what you've suggested.Everything seems to be linked up ok,there's a blue dot next to where it says headset in the wireless settings box and a microphone sign comes up on the TV when I speak indicating that there's a bluetooth connection between the consul and the headset but no sound comes through into the ear speaker.

This is the second headset that we've had,the first one didn't work at all and the ear peice did work on this second one when we first got it but ain't now.

Maybe someone in technical support on the forum might have some ideas or maybe it only comes through the earpiece when you're only playing with one other player and not multiple players.

Best regards.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (5,463 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hi
I think I have the same problem as you.
in Audio device settings I have enabled the wireless headset and turned the output to the same (so the sound should be coming out of the headset) but the blue light isn't on (on the second, output setting), I can talk into it, and hear the voices through the TV but I want them through the headset, I am trying to stop swearing from raging cod players (since the ps3 is in the living room.)
-ps3 official headset
-was working on the same day
I was tinkering with some settings even though I don't remember actually changing any setting I might have changed some settings :Stupid: not sure though :/
so any help would be appreciated, and does anyone know how to stop voices from players all together? (or if you can stop it from coming through the TV) I would like all the game noises but no one talking whilst I am charging my headset.
Anyway this is my first post so I don’t really know what I am doing but I’ll try.
Sorry for asking some questions of my own but is that the same problem as what you have?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (4,842 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

My friend has been having the same problem with his headset. it will connect to the ps3 but then has no audio through the earpiece and the mic wont work. he has changed the headset and it still wont work. it is probally the bluetooth connection within the ps3 that is causing the problems.:Help:

Me on the otherhand have had no problems what so ever with my ps3 and i am very impressed with it. Xbox SUCKS compared to ps3

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (4,319 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Im having the same problem but the thing with my headset is that its like its on mute i can talk to other players but i cant hear them and i cant hear them thru my tv either.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (4,249 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have had the same problem and I found the answer. You need to delete the headset and register it again, if it asks for a pass key and u have no idea what it is, it is either 1111 or 0000 :smileyhappy: hope that helps

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (4,079 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Look at my other post

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (4,077 Views)
0 Kudos