28 Feb 2010
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

PS3 keeps freezing when I am playing games

[ Edited ]
15 Replies 57,435 Views edited 26-01-2012

Hi I am beggining to find that I am having to restart my ps3 more and more due to the freezing of games. They have been bought from brand new and have no scratches. my ps3 is a 250 gb slim and is connected to the net via wifi. I have a eye camera attached . the games I have been playing are LBP and heavy rain. I am on version 3.15 of firm ware. It is within its warranty and I was wondering if I should get a replacement? If so would I lose all of my downloads?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16 (57,435 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 keeps freezing when I am playing games

It's not exactly a problem with your ps3! Sony was stupid when making these things because they tried to put so much power into a little box. Where they screwed up is there is JACK SH*& for system cache and the pipelines to the processor are to narrow and cannot transfer as much data as the software is calling for from the HD, Cache, RAM, and the lovely 1X read speed the blue ray drive has. Like I said man not exactly your systems fault, It’s the makers!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16 (57,348 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

King-ToAD_81 wrote:

Hi I am beggining to find that I am having to restart my ps3 more and more due to the freezing of games. They have been bought from brand new and have no scratches. my ps3 is a 250 gb slim and is connected to the net via wifi. I have a eye camera attached . the games I have been playing are LBP and heavy rain. I am on version 3.15 of firm ware. It is within its warranty and I was wondering if I should get a replacement? If so would I lose all of my downloads?

in your shoes, I would (get a replacement)

as long as you set up your same account on the new one, you will be able to re-download everything :smileyhappy:

make sure you 

a) sync your trophies

b) backup your game saves

c) deactivate your account

before swapping it.

as you have a slim, you shouldn't be being affected by the current 50F problem, so you shouldn't need to wait :smileyhappy:

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (57,327 Views)

Playstation Staff

Hi, I was playing MW2 and my PS3 ( 80G ) and now my game is stuck in the system and when I try turning on my system it just beeps then shuts down. I am concerned about losing my titles and such. Anybody have any suggestions for my problem. It is so frustrating.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16 (56,774 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Hi

There are various things you can try, detailed in my ylod thread, linked to in my sig line below :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (56,749 Views)

Playstation Staff

Ok Man Now I Am So Sorry To Hear That You Have Gotten A Light Of Death I Know What Its Like I Have Had It 3 Times And Now I Have A Slim But What You Can Do To Retrieve The Game Disc It:

1 Flick The Power Switch Off At The Back Of The Ps3

2 Hold Your Finger Over The Eject Button

3 Flick The Mains Switch At The Back Of Your Ps3 On

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16 (55,371 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Dude u have the YELLOW LIGHT OF DEATH.......

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16 (54,663 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Hopefully they have managed to get the disc back one way or the other, by now :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16 (54,651 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I am having exactly the same problem with FIFA 12. Has anybody got an ideas how to cure it. especially one of the "brains" at Sony.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16 (48,043 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

howarth99 wrote:

I am having exactly the same problem with FIFA 12. Has anybody got an ideas how to cure it. especially one of the "brains" at Sony.

Is it just FIFA 12?  try deleting your game data if so

Follow fi8767 on Twitter
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16 (48,031 Views)
0 Kudos