18 Aug 2009
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

PS3 keeps turning off automaticly!

16 Replies 23,884 Views Created 18-08-2009

Since August the 18th my PS3 keeps turning of automaticly and freezing. Then the power buttton on the front starts flashing red indicating to me that it has overheated. Therefore I left it to cool down for a night and vacummmed the vents to make sure theres no dust in it the next day. It still has not stopped it from freezing and turning off automaticly.

On August the 17th I imported 4 CDs with 15 tracks each to the PS3 hardrive. This left me with 10 GB free space. I have had my PS3 since November 2007 and it has been fine up until now. It first happened when I was playing Call Of Duty 4 online and it just completely froze so I had to restart the system. Then I went back on played a bit more of Call Of Duty 4 then it just switched off automaticly and then the power button started flashing red.

Can any one help me out here so I can get it fixed and working again. Im worried that it might be broken on the inside so I will have to get a new one.

James Deacon

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17 (23,884 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 keeps turning off automaticly!

YLOD you can either send it back to sony for £150 or free (if its still in warrenty) or can be fixed yourself but only if you know how and have good hardware skills

Will the Chiliad mystery ever be solved? GTA5
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17 (23,974 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Yeah, I phoned them up and explained it to them and they said it costs £145 to replace it with a new one. They also said that it is completely broken. I was wondering if I could get all the saved stuff on my hardrive onto a new PS3. She said that you can't but im sure you must be able to do that.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17 (23,958 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

What model  is the ps3 60gb?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17 (23,948 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Yeah its the 60GB model. Got it in November 2007.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17 (23,947 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Back up all your saves.

If you have one, use an External HDD and use the back-up feature.

How long does your PS3 run without shutting off?

EvilEmpire488374
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17 (23,936 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I don't have an external hardrive. Can I use a huge memory stick to save everyting on it?

My PS3 last for about 1 to 2 minutes when I turn it on then it just turns of automaticly or freezes, one of the two.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17 (23,953 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

"I don't have an external hardrive. Can I use a huge memory stick to save everyting on it?

My PS3 last for about 1 to 2 minutes when I turn it on then it just turns of automaticly or freezes, one of the two."

Sure you can

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17 (23,920 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Mine does this but it doesent autimaticaly turn itself of but its a reconditioned ps3 frome sony because mine got YLOD and its only one day old :AngryDevil: :@ :@

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17 (23,197 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

jAmmY-_-DodgeR wrote:

Mine does this but it doesent autimaticaly turn itself of but its a reconditioned ps3 frome sony because mine got YLOD and its only one day old :AngryDevil: :@ :@

call SOny back - refurb PS3s come with a 3 month warranty :smileyhappy:

not good though :smileysad:

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17 (23,136 Views)
0 Kudos