Progress
Accepted Solution

PS3 no signal?

[ Edited ]
16 Replies 65,809 Views edited 23-12-2011
22 May 2010
By ordanasi

hello, in advanced i apologise for the pure rage in this post

My ps3 has slowly but surely stopped being recognised by and TV. In my old flat it was run through the hdmi cable and it was fine. i moved to Germany left my ps3 at home and my GF said that it wasn’t working, all cables attached and no TV signal. when i poped back home for the weekend i got it working but it was very intermittent, some times it would come up others no signal. i brought it to Germany with me for red dead and now my tv wont pick it up at all, bought a new scart cable and nothing.

to summarise i think the rgb/scart out on my ps3 is broken but since this web site is so terrible their support consists of fellow ps3 users. i cant find a number or email address on this supposed "support" web site.

Suggestions welcome :P

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

Hi guys,

When going from standard definition to high definition it will be necessary to reset the video output settings.  The easiest way is performing a soft touch reset (holding the power button)

It is unusual for this to happen when switching between HD TV's however not all HD TV's can output at the same resolution so the PlayStation 3 may be outputting the picture in a resolution not supported by the TV.

You can find a guide on adjusting your picture settings HERE

If you are still having problems please let me know :smileyhappy:

SuperFastZombie

View solution in original post

Re: PS3 no signal????

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

dylanireland

98%
05 Rank
Progress
dylanireland
Accepted Solution
did you bring the hd cable with you? or do you have the hd cable plugged in now??
If you used a hd cable on your ps3 before, sometimes it does not work with a tv if it doesnt have a hd cable in again.
Hope i helped ?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TTDegs

93%
04 Rank
Progress
TTDegs
Accepted Solution
It could well be that your PS3 is still trying to output on HDMI, but you're using composite, so nothing is going out via that lead :)

from standby, hold the front on/off button until it beeps twice, which resets the video to standard settings - your should then get a picture and the options to change resolutions etc :)

0 Kudos

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

passionchamp

96%
01 Rank
Progress
passionchamp
Accepted Solution

No, actually this is a problem with a lot of PS3's.  Mine is having this problem right now... again.  I tried unplugging everything, switching HDMI inputs (physically & by remote selection), holding down the power for 5 seconds, taking the disc out, turning the unit upside down (for no good reason), and almost every combination of the afore mentioned. 

If Sony has publicly addressed this VERY COMMON issue, please let us know.  Otherwise, it would seem that they are trying to ignore/deny that this actually happens at totally random intervals, and it's not a user error.  I used to be a video technician and fixed video gaming machines, so I know it's not user error that's causing this, because I'm 100% sober. It's most likely some poor design of the circuitry in the signal path to the HDMI outputs.  If anything gets changed in newer models, is there any way for the public to find out? Or can Sony choose not to disclose that information?  I've had my PS3 for only 6 months. 

This is the only advice I can find that Sony gives... which doesn't help: 

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/documentLink.do?externalId=C453814

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

orlafla

21%
02 Rank
Progress
orlafla
Accepted Solution

I had the problem and TTDegs solution worked for me.  Thank you.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

comicsgalaxy

21%
02 Rank
Progress
comicsgalaxy
Accepted Solution

I had the same problem. I still can't get the HDMI output to work, so I am now using the AV output, though it is only 480p, but at least it is better than nothing. I tried to reset the HDMI connection from the settings, but to no avail.  I also tried holding the startup button for two beeps as recommended by the manual but this did not help. Is there a software solution, or does the circuitry need to be physically replaced?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Velox_Telum

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Velox_Telum
Accepted Solution

Try a different HDMI lead, make sure its at least ver 1.3  and that its good quality. Poor quality leads work exactly the same as good quality ones at first but they do seem to die easier.

Good luck

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mharri42

21%
02 Rank
Progress
mharri42
Accepted Solution

I also have this same issue and it is really starting to give me the sh*ts!

I have my PS3 linked up to a Yamaha amp / receiver and then to a projector. It worked great for about 8 months and then I noticed a slight flicker at the bottom of the screen every so often. Over a period of a month the flicker increased to half the screen blanking out.  This progressed to the 'no signal' flicking on for a second or 2 and at times cuts out more often than it is on. I replaced all my HDMI cables (with others I have around the house that I know work) and still no signal. I tested the amp on all other inputs / outputs and and the amp was ok. To make sure I also bypassed the amp and linked the PS3 directly to the projector, I still had no signal. As the projector was still under warranty I took the opportunity to take it back to the shop. They sent it off for analysis but when it came back they said it was working 100% and had no problems. When I linked it all back up it all worked OK and I had a picture again so put it down to the projector. However, after a few months the problem started again in exactly the same way. This time I unplugged every cable (power, HDMI) for the complete system. After a couple of hours I plugged it all back in again and hey presto it worked again. This has happened several times now and can only put it down to a static build up in either the HDMI cable or output from the PS3. The only issue now is that the problem seems to happen more often and I really want a permanent fix.

Any ideas????

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jerrycan2

22%
02 Rank
Progress
jerrycan2
Accepted Solution

I'd tried everything everone here has suggested, I even replaced my cheapo HDMI cable with a posh one. 

Then ....... I re-set my TV (by pulling the power lead out) and everything was fine.

Modern technology, eh?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Coollasse

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Coollasse
Accepted Solution

DUDE U ARE LIKE MY HERO RIGHT NOW ;D

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

epicmonkey05

22%
02 Rank
Progress
epicmonkey05
Accepted Solution

its really getting on my nerves now!!!!!!!!!!:Help:

sometimes if u are on standby u press and hold the on/off button till it beeps twice

HOPE IT WORCKS!!!!:smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

superharps

21%
02 Rank
Progress
superharps
Accepted Solution

Hi I lent my ps3 to my friend he used hdmi. He gave it back to me i was getting no signal as I use scart. I then pressed the on/off button until i heard two beeps and it resetted the signal back to av from hdmi. Thank you for assisting me hope your ps3's live long. :King:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Allenlora

88%
01 Rank
Progress
Allenlora
Accepted Solution

I had the same problem. Screwed around with some things to no avail. Then I just shut the living room power off and rebooted everything and it worked.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

holdenman05

21%
02 Rank
Progress
holdenman05
Accepted Solution

thank you very much, ps3 now goes

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Daville10

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Daville10
Accepted Solution

Yeah im sick of this. I have had two ps3's that have had a simliar problem.  The first ps3 i had hooked up to a samsung tv and then I moved it to a different tv and moved it back to the samsung and the HDMI did  not work.  I then had the newer slim ps3 hooked up to a vizio and then hooked it up to the same samsung tv and the HDMI worked fine so i knew it wasn't the TV.  But then I hooked my newer ps3 back to the vizio and the HDMI gradually died... *****!!!!! Now all 50 million of my HDMI cords are useless, and the only way to utilize my 1080p HD tv's is to buy component cables and set the settings at 1080p on the ps3 which works fine, but this doesnt make ANY SENSE!!! why???  Does the ps3 adapt to older or newer tv's and change the settings? I have tried the hold the button for 2 beeps to change it back to AV but the HDMI has no signal.. This is annoying.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

Hi guys,

When going from standard definition to high definition it will be necessary to reset the video output settings.  The easiest way is performing a soft touch reset (holding the power button)

It is unusual for this to happen when switching between HD TV's however not all HD TV's can output at the same resolution so the PlayStation 3 may be outputting the picture in a resolution not supported by the TV.

You can find a guide on adjusting your picture settings HERE

If you are still having problems please let me know :smileyhappy:

SuperFastZombie

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

InsolentMartyr

21%
02 Rank
Progress
InsolentMartyr
Accepted Solution
Ok so ive looked all the no signal fixes n none have help me out yet. So heres the story, I've been gaming on my new generation PS3 WITH HDMI fine for some time now so I know my HD 1080p Vizio TV is compatible... I was gaming on my ps3 online, and my iPad (where it was at on my entertainment center) slipped n fell on the back of the HDMI cable where it was attached to the back of the T.V. My HDMI cable was damaged and my PS3 turned off on its own. It tookme several attempts to get my PS3 to turn back on. I finally got the ps3 to turn on and then used a different HDMI to resume laying. I got the infamous no signal message and ive tried all the suggestions available to remidy it. Av cables work but playing cod with 480p sucks. What do I do?? Help please
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel