20 Mar 2010
By raj_g

Playstation Staff

PS3 output through HDMI cable

1 Reply 280 Views Created 20-03-2010

Hi All,

I have been Using PS3 slim 120GB for 5 months now on HDMI without any issues. Yesterday while watching a video, the screen suddenly went blank with no A/V. Since then I have tried out all the recommended troubleshoots related to Display output settings. I have tried starting HDMI outputs manually using component A/V cable on which it works fine. Also PS3 seems to recognise that an HDMI device is connected. But this also gives no output on HDMI channel on Sony HDTV.

I have checked with another HDMI cable, the two HDMI ports on TV which work fine for both my Sky+ HD and with HD outputting Laptop.

After all sort of testing, I finally decided to reset to the default settings (still same problem existed) and then restored my PS3 without any luck.

It would be great if someone could help me out with this issue. Any additional step I need to take?

Thanks

Raj

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2 (280 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 output through HDMI cable

daft question, but have you tried a different HDMI cable between the PS3 and the TV ?

i've seen a few threads in the past with the same fault, and it was a cable issue

***** PS3 bluray laser fitting service available in the Chester area *****
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2 (272 Views)
0 Kudos