01 Dec 2008
By Porgu

Playstation Staff

PS3 startup problems

[ Edited ]
3 Replies 6,632 Views edited 01-12-2008

Hello,

I have a strange problem when I try to turn my PS3 on with PS button or from I/O button. Both green and blue light turn on and it would seem as if everything would be OK except I get no picture or sound in TV. When I turn off the power from packpanel and turn it on again. And when I then start console from either of buttons (I/O or PS) everything work perfectly. 

Has anyone run into such a problem before and could suggest me what am I doing wrong? Ps3 is connected to TV with HDMI cabel.

Thanks in advance,

porgu

Message Edited by Porgu on 01-12-2008 11:33 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (6,632 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 startup problems

there was a thread about this somewere that i read. and i heard that if u do a system restore on ur consol it should cure any errors in the start up process

adam

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (6,616 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

You may not need to do this, just carry out a Hard Reset 1st, it sound like your system may be getting confused as to its AV settings.

1ST make sure that ur lead, either HDMI or Component is Securely linked to both ur unit and ur tv. then do the following;

Turn PS3 off at the back, leave it a minute then turn it back on. then press & HOLD down the PS Butoon on ur controller. You will hear the normal single beep that you always hear when you turn your unit on then 8 seconds later you will hear a double beep. This means you have carried out the Hard Reset successfully. When you do this a signal is sent from ur unit to your tv, it request info from ur tv regarding its own settings - normal tv, HDTV, 560/720/1080 etc etc and will also recognise how the signal is being sent, ie HDMI or Component and stores this info.

If this doesnt work then go through the system restore menu. There is a thread dedicated to this that gives you a walk through of each of the options just search under 'system restore'

>>>>>>>>>> PLS NOTE: Some of the options within the Restore Utility will result in data loss, make sure you have read the thread fully and select the option desired as you may not be able to recover this data

Gree
Victory & Honour Before Self. If I need to lay down my life for my comrades then so be it
Gen. Gree-CC1004
Grand Army of the Republic( GAR)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (6,604 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have now tried out all the possible variations or restore that I found plus hard resets. But nthing has helped me this far. 

But I did find out that it seems to be connected to HDMI. When I switched back to the usual cable (I think it is RCA) PS3 started normally from I/O button and from PS button on remote. Bt with HDMI cable that no longer works. I tried out several different HDMI ports I had on my TV (Sony KDL40W3000) but it was same with all of them. Plus I tried it out with a different HDMI cable just to make sure that the cable isn't a problem. But it was still the same. I would like to think that it isn't a compability issue with TV and PS3 since both are Sony's products.

Does anyone have any suggestions what could cause such behaviour? 

Thanks, 

porgu 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (6,579 Views)
0 Kudos