06 Feb 2012

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

PS3 system running slow

2 Replies 2,656 Views Created 06-02-2012

I have seen quite a few posts about peoples PS3's running slow yet have not seen any suggestions that seem to work. I am currently having the same problem where starting up takes about 2 minutes, loading my user profile takes another minute and the xmb menu is horribly slow. When I try to run a game from disc it is completely fine but if it is a game that I have installed on to my PS3 it will only run at 5 frames and then it will crash.

Also sometimes when I load up my PS3 it comes up with an error message saying I have some corrupt files and it will say that it has removed all corrupt files and will run fast on the first start-up, but slow every other time I start it up after that.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3 (2,656 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 system running slow

Try running the safe mode recovery menu and select option 4 rebuild the database sort of works like a hard drive de-frag details on how to in the link.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Technical/Using-the-Safe-Mode-function-on-your-...

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3 (2,649 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 system running slow

I have done this, and now my ps3 didn't work at all for a couple of days, but it is working now (thankfully) but still runs really slowly, but thanks anyway for the suggestion

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3 (2,626 Views)
0 Kudos