I have a PS3 that will turn on (green light) but nothing come up on the screen... very occasionally (1 in 100 times) the PS3 will turn on, flash the HDD light and then boot up as normal but the rest of the time nothing. ALso it will not allow me into the recovery menu by holding the power button down and waiting for the twin beep, instead it just beeps once again and turns off (red light).
Please can someone help... I have tried changing the HDD over but this offers no help!?!
Hi, not sure from your explanation if your doing this right but if so don't shoot me
- Make sure the PS3 is turned off
- Press and hold the power button on the PS3 it will power on then power off.
- When it's off press and hold the power button again until you hear two consecutive beeps. When you hear the double beeps immediately take your finger off the power button (if your system turns off before you get a double beep just try again and hold the button, it should double beep the 2nd time you try)
- It will ask for the controller to be connected via the USB cable,
- Turn on the controller and you will have access to the menu.
This only works as far as i'm aware though if you already have firmware 2.5+
Menu options are
- Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION®3 System.
- Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
- Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
- Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION®3.
- Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
- System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION®3 System
Hi, I have tried to get into this menu but the PS3 will simply not enter into it. It just turns on, and then off again :-(
No, no luck with anything so far I'm afraid :-(
If anyone has any ideas or even a solution I would be very very grateful :-)
Happy Christmas everyone
1. Hold the Power Button for about 5 seconds.
2. Continue holding for about 10 more seconds, until the system shuts off.
3. Repeat step one, and continue holding until you hear a double-beep.
4. When the menu opens, select "Restore File System".
5. Allow it to restore. This may take a couple tries.
This should cure your system, as it did mine.
I've tried what has been mentioned in this post, but every time it comes back by saying;
"The Hard disk's file system is corrupted and will be restored"
I've tried restoring it 30+ times and get this message over and over.