29 Oct 2010
By Touraj
Playstation Staff

PSN Error (An error has occured ...)

10 Replies 2,561 Views Created 29-10-2010

Dear Sony Technical Supports,

In past 2 days I'm keep receiving this error that :

an error has occurred and  you been signed out from PlayStation@Network.

Truly this is unacceptable and over consumer patient...

Last week i had the same problem and it fixed by itself and 2 days ago it has been started till now i'm writing this message to you.

I checked the forum and i found people has the same problems too here are some of them:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Support-Help-Advice/ps-network-not-working/m-p/1176...

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Svensk-lobby/An-error-has-occurred-80023156/m-p/11754536

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Support-Help-Advice/80710092-An-error-has-occurred-...

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/Can-t-play-online-on-ps3/td-p/11764760

They're just what i found, maybere there are more.... but the fact is ... I cannot play online.

I'll be happy to see some technician reply my message to clarify this problem.

Thank you so much,

Toren

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (2,561 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: PSN Error (An error has occured ...)

ANYONE ??????????

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (2,537 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Reset your modem

What brand/model is your modem&/router?

What are the results (all the results) of an Internet Connection Test?

Settings > Network Settings > Internet Connection Test

Internet Connection Test

Test the Internet connection and view the results.

Obtain IP Address Internet Connection PlayStation®Network* UPnP* NAT Type* Connection Speed (Download) Connection Speed (Upload)
Check whether an IP address has been obtained.
Check whether a connection to the Internet has been established.
Check whether you are able to sign in to PlayStation®Network.
Check the status of UPnP (Universal Plug and Play).

Available: You can use UPnP.

Not Available: You cannot use UPnP.

Disabled: UPnP has been disabled in the network settings of the PS3™ system.
Check how the PS3™ system is connected to the Internet. This information can be used to judge the ease or difficulty of connecting to other PS3™ systems when using voice / video chat or the communication features of games.

Type 1: Connected directly to the Internet

Type 2: Connected to the Internet via a router

Type 3: Connected to the Internet via a router

With type 3, it may not be possible to communicate with other PS3™ systems, and voice / video chat and the communication features of games may be restricted. In this case, see [Connecting to PlayStation®Network] in this guide.
Check the connection speed at which the PS3™ system downloads data from the Internet.
Check the connection speed at which the PS3™ system uploads data to the Internet, such as transmission of a message.

Displayed only if a PlayStation®Network account has been created.

Hints
  • If [Failed] is displayed for [Obtain IP Address] or [Internet Connection], follow the on-screen instructions to check the network settings. You can adjust network settings under (Settings) > (Network Settings) > [Internet Connection Settings]. For details on the required settings, refer to the information from your Internet service provider or the instructions supplied with the network device.
  • You can create a PlayStation®Network account under (PlayStation®Network) > (Sign Up for PlayStation®Network).
  • If [None] is displayed for [UPnP], either the network device in use does not support UPnP or UPnP may be disabled in your network settings. For more information, refer to the instructions supplied with the network device.
  • If [Type 3] is displayed under [NAT Type], the PS3™ system or the network device may not be enabled to use UPnP. Check the [UPnP] item.
  • A router is a device that allows multiple devices to connect to a single Internet line.

Connecting to PlayStation®Network

When using PlayStation®Network in an office or a housing complex, security features such as a firewall may block the communications. In this case, refer to the following instructions.

In PlayStation®Network, you can communicate with PlayStation®Network servers on the Internet or directly with other PS3™ systems. Communication with PlayStation®Network servers on the Internet is done mainly when:

• Signing in / signing out
  • Using your Friends list or block list
  • Exchanging messages
  • Using (PlayStation®Store)

The port numbers for PlayStation®Network servers used for this are TCP: 80, 443, 5223 and UDP: 3478, 3479.

For voice / video chat and online game play, direct communication with other PS3™ systems is used for data transmission during voice / video chat and online gaming. The port number used for this is UDP: 3658. However, you may need to use a different port number when  you are connected using a NAT router.

Hints
  • When you are using a router, direct communication with other PS3™ systems may be restricted depending on the type of router and its settings. When using a UPnP-compatible router, enable the UPnP feature.
  • Communication may be restricted by routers and security functions provided by Internet service providers. Refer to the instructions supplied with the network device and the information from your Internet service provider.

regards
Rob
deader than the ANZ forum :( .
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (2,534 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Reset your modem

Answer : I DID

What brand/model is your modem&/router?

ANSWER : ASUS WL-AM604g

All PASSED
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (2,510 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Ah ...

I also opened those ports too ... nothing ! nada ...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (2,509 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Where are you located? Northern Ireland, Northern England and Scotland have been suffering a serious broadband failure over the last few days. I believe engineers only just completed the fix.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (2,500 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I'm from Iran and sony doesn't have support here.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (2,480 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Touraj wrote:

All PASSED

All passed? Did you get Nat type 2?

Was UPNP available?

regards
Rob
deader than the ANZ forum :( .
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (2,460 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

hi, 

I keep getting this too. please help. 

It comes up with several different error codes.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (2,271 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

ok I keep getting this also.... and constantly. my connection is extremely stable, my router is also extremely stable. I can also IMMEDIATELY sign straight back into the network after this has occurred. Quite simply I can play for about 5 mins online with any game and then ******* an error has occured. I'm living in a main city in germany, I have a 16mbit connection completely uninhibited, and if I run a packet sniff on the network while playing nothing is being lost but yet I still recieve the same *****. I could almost set an egg to boil and know it's finished when I get dc'd from sony. The game doesn't make any difference (although I noticed if I browse the sony shop it never happens). if it was a problem on my end then I would not be able to immediately sign straight back in to PSN. this is getting beyond a joke. maybe it's time to switch to the 360 (cry :~( ) I hate MS, their periphs are buggy, but they have 3 times the game titles and the MSN is 98% reliable. so Mr sony please fix your ***** we pay good money to keep you ***** employed, how about holding up your end of the deal
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (2,015 Views)
0 Kudos