30 Jan 2012
By: RabidWalker Beta Tester 3,743 Posts
Level 6

PSN Maintenance scheduled to take place this Thursday 2nd February from 14.00PM until 08.00AM

13 Replies 6,026 Views Created 30-01-2012

PSN Maintenance has been scheduled to take place this Thursday 2nd of February from 14.00PM until 08.00AM on Friday 3rd of February.

During the maintenance period, the following services will be affected:

• PS Store (PC and Console)
  • Customer Account Management
  • Registration  

HOME will be unavailable for the duration of the maintenance.

Users who attempt to sign in after maintenance begins may receive the site notification page. If you are signed in before maintenance begins you should remain signed into your online session (although the above services will still be unavailable).

If there are any queries let me know.

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14 (6,026 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Re: PSN Maintenance scheduled to take place this Thursday 2nd February from 14.00PM until 08.00AM

Why so early on Thursday? 2pm? Once again it's poor timing for people working at college and at school.
Signiture here

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14 (5,974 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Re: PSN Maintenance scheduled to take place this Thursday 2nd February from 14.00PM until 08.00AM

cool

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14 (5,965 Views)
0 Kudos

It may be poor timing, but there's never a good time. You're talking about a company that has people working round the clock somewhere and users that are online round the clock somewhere.

What sucks more are services that rely on users being singed in to PSN, but once validated couldn't care less about the maintenance.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14 (5,882 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Noooo!!  I need my online! Please SONY, be quick! I love my PSN! I can always play my inFamous for a while, but it gets boring, you know?! I could play LBP 2 but I only really use it for online! I was so sad when the Lolz Security hacked PSN and it was down for a month or two! I almost died without my wonderful PSN! I'll always love SONY, but please be quick! SONY is the best! You guys are the fastest at everything! Come on! My PS3 will have a lot less of Everything without PSN! But still, it's for the  good of PSN, I'm guessing... :Confused:

Spoiler

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14 (5,829 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Get over it, its for the greater good!

PS: Cheers for the heads up yet again.

WANT TO BE A : Beta Trial Member

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14 (5,734 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Thanks for the heads up. Would it be possible to move this thread to announcements or the network section? Alot of people won't see this unless they're actually looking for technical help.
www.alphazone4.co.uk
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14 (5,659 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Thanks for the heads up RW i have noticed normally i have always been able to sign in during maintenance if i have signed in 12-24 hours previously before scheduled maintenance.

Last time i was locked out not logged on for over 24hours but my girlfriends account same system could log in and out all the time i would suggest to anyone briefly sign in before work, school and university etc should improve your chances of signing in if your not around when the maintenance starts.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14 (5,330 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

WOUNDID!!!!!!!!Iv just been n got some penny's for the ps store and dcu online, get back and theres NO STORE!lol i dont mind the maintenance but its more the fact that UK gets stiched up on the time its undertaken..... why not do it at midnight for us n 2pm till 8am us or jap time.... just once!

I DONT NEED LUCK? I GOT AMMO!!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14 (2,888 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Many thanks! any reason for the slightly longer Playstation Network maintenance? friends on my list were signing in after 3pm.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14 (2,736 Views)
0 Kudos