09 Jun 2011
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

PSN Plus 30 days free and subscribing to PSN Plus

7 Replies 377 Views Created 09-06-2011

Hi. I've got my 30 days free of PSN plus and am so imperessed with it that I now want to subscribe.

My question is, if I buy my subscription now, will it add on to my 30 days free so that they don't overlap? Or should I wait until my 30 days are up and then subscribe?

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (377 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: PSN Plus 30 days free and subscribing to PSN Plus

I don't think it will let you subscribe until the 30 days is up.

For a normal PS+ subscription, buying a new one stacks so that the current end date is extended. There's no overlap.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (373 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I've just been in to services list of transaction management and switched off my automatic renewal for psplus, my years sub was up at the start of july so with the extra 2 months sony have 'compensated' me for the recent disaster it will run till 31/08 but seeing it was down for 6 or 7 weeks we who invested from the outset last year have been well n truely shafted!

You non subscribers may have received a month free but those us of us who are, soon to be WERE, subscribers have got 2 weeks extra if we lucky once you subtract the ammount of time new psplus content was out of action

Add to that sony are doing their best to brown nose us all for obvious reasons they were always goin to put a bit extra in the psplus content to start with once the store service resumed.

I personally have not played much from what psplus has given subscribers over the last year, and take heed it doesn't even give you any free dlc for current games of any real note so it will take a lot more than a bit of mickey mouse free online game save data back up to bring me back on board come the end of August but it's your choice 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (364 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Non-subscribers got 30 days free. Subscribers got 30 days free.

Subscribers also got 40 days compensation for the downtime.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (338 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Oh there's always one, do you work for sony?

You probably do as your basic mathematics are clearly lacking so let me put it in simple digits for you below and please feel free to grab yourself a calendar and an abacus before we commence......

PSN went down here on 20/04 and PSN store finally opened up again on 03/06, which makes 45 days outage.

My psplus sub was due to run out on 02/07 but has been extended to 31/08 which is eaxctly 60 yes SIXTY days, so where did this mysterious 40 plus 30(that makes 70) days you banging on about come from?

PUT IN SIMPLE TERMS

non psplus subscribers get 30 free days compensation

while those of us who are FULLY PAID UP subscribers only get 15 free days compensation

nice one sony, another piece of wonderful pr there!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (333 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (323 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Erm yep, it still says 60 days further down ie:30 days everyone gets and 30 days subscribers compensation for 45 days outage

or as i said my sub runs out 02/07 and been extended to 31/08, please count the days on a calendar Einstein.

Those 10 extra days have not been put on is what I am trying to say, streuth!

I take it numbers are not your strong point eh?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (319 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I have even just switched my station on and gone in to account management to have another look and it still says starts 02/07/2010 which obviously means it would expire on 02/07/2011 but with the SIXTY days extra makes it 31/08/2011 not 10/09/2011, blimey!

Sony told us PSN would be back up in a 'few days' for 6 weeks so what makes you think they're going to be straight up about this? As I said get a calendar and an abacus if you need to, please

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (313 Views)
0 Kudos