29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

PSP Go Rewards - Resistance Retribution Download Problems - Error 80109D53

26 Replies 10,260 Views Created 04-10-2009

I activated both my shiny new black PSP Go and my older PSP 2000 FF7 console. I got the 3 free games code and entered it into the PSP. It confirmed the code as being correct and took me to the list of games I could download.

Oh, I should mention I clicked off the offer screen after I put in the code so I could download GT PSP onto the PSP directly and then I put the code into the PS3 to download my three free games ( I chose Daxter, Ratchet + Clank Size Matters and Resistance)

on the PS3.

My PSP was chugging along nicely with GT so I put the code into the PS3 to download the others. I downloaded Daxter and R&C fine but I did not have enough space on my PS3 hard drive to fit Resistance. I clicked away from the offer back to the XMB to delete some things (old videos, demos etc.)

I left the PSP to finish downloading/installing GT and the PS3 soon after finished downloading both Daxter and R&C. I plugged in the PSP into the PS3 with the USB cable and copied them on to it with no problems.

I put back in the code to download Resistance on the PS3. It downloaded fine but appeared in a different folder type on the PS3 XMB but it copied to the PSP hassle-free.  

This is where my problem started.

When I clicked on Resistance to try it after it copied to the PSP Go hard drive, it says that it has invalid copyright data on it or something similar (basically it didn't work). I did the process of deleting the data from the PSP and PS3 three times. They all had the same message. I tried to download it straight onto the PSP but that says "The install failed" and the error code 80109D53.

Again, I tried restarting the PSP, signing out of the PSN among other things (like the Media Go software on the PC) but still nothing.

Is there any way to fixing this?

Thanks in advance,

Sean. 

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

heathenchemist

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
heathenchemist
Accepted Solution
i have exactly the same problem as this
0 Kudos

Re: PSP Go Rewards - Resistance Retribution Download Problems - Error 80109D53

/16

PREDATOR1471

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PREDATOR1471
Accepted Solution
same here...
0 Kudos

/16

Jamin_1

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Jamin_1
Accepted Solution

the same...im really sad about this

im from germany

but my account is from the uk...

Nachricht bearbeitet durch Jamin_1 am 04-10-2009 01:05 PM
0 Kudos

Betreff: Re: PSP Go Rewards - Resistance Retribution Download Problems - Error 80109D53

[ Edited ]
/16

didideve

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
didideve
Accepted Solution

Ok, now i'm annoyed. I bought a £50 points card earlier and put it on. 

I bought Patapon 2 with no problems.

I bought Street Fighter Alpha Warrior's Dreams and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (both for £30) and neither will install onto the PSP Go hard drive.

I'm going to try and get a mod to sort this out or at least give me a decent explination.

I shelled out £225 for this PSP (which is £25 less than a PS3 Slim) and hardly any of the thing works. Sony better either sort this out or at least give me some sort of refund.

0 Kudos

Re: Betreff: Re: PSP Go Rewards - Resistance Retribution Download Problems - Error 80109D53

/16

hristinho18

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
hristinho18
Accepted Solution

Are you guys downloading onto PS3 and then transferring? I wonder if this has anything to do with it. I havent used PS3 online for anything recently except play Uncharted 2 demo! The rewards games are for PSP Go ONLY- try reentering the rewards code on the Go itself to download them there. It will be very slow (maybe do it overnight?) but I wonder if people can share their PSP Go rewards games? Funnily enough, the GT game can be d/loaded onto old PSP by reusing code I received for it- I have done this and all seems fine- will be great for playing ad-hoc!

Let us know how you go. 

0 Kudos

Re: Betreff: Re: PSP Go Rewards - Resistance Retribution Download Problems - Error 80109D53

/16

didideve

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
didideve
Accepted Solution

Yeah, I've tried both direct (that has the error code in the title of this thread) and through the PS3.

Neither work. 

0 Kudos

/16

FullSpecWarrior

67%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FullSpecWarrior
Accepted Solution
I downloaded direct through WiFi. It said it worked ok but it hung every time I tried to play it. I deleted it and downloaded though Media Go on the PC and now it's fine.
0 Kudos

/16

danmann861

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
danmann861
Accepted Solution

This is weird,i bought Monster Hunter through the PS3 and downloaded it onto the PS3 and transferred and had no problems. Yet i tried my Rewards Downloads. I tried Killzone Liberation and am now getting the same ***** error message everyone else is getting.

Just weird cause I downloaded Monster Hunter, Rock Band Unplugged, Hero of Sparta, and GT all through the PS3 and they worked fine but the first rewards title i tried downloading i'm not getting to work at all.

0 Kudos

/16

didideve

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
didideve
Accepted Solution
Oh wow, this thread is linked on Destructoid, it's nice to know that the word is getting out.
0 Kudos

/16

RevX

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RevX
Accepted Solution
Seems like everyone who downloaded the free games through the playstation 3 has encountered this error, including myself. Does anyone know if Sony has acknowledge this problem?
0 Kudos

/16

Grisi2701

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Grisi2701
Accepted Solution

I have the same Problem and i have a 45 minutes talk with the support today.

The say it's my fault!!!!!

I only can write a letter at the Marketing......

Its very poor from Sony to do so.....

0 Kudos

Betreff: Re: PSP Go Rewards - Resistance Retribution Download Problems - Error 80109D53

/16

Opt1mus76

81%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Opt1mus76
Accepted Solution

Sony are aware of this problem and are currently working to fix it.  I contacted their helpline and was told the games are locked to the unit downloaded on (ie - the PS3) and as such can`t be transfered and played on PSP Go.  Seems they forgot to mention this with the reward code.  Strangely GT worked fine when I downloaded that on PS3 and transfered to PSP Go and I was even able to transfer it to my old PSP with no problems.

I`d recommend everyone with this fault to call Sony Playstation Helpline (UK - 08705 998877) if only to register the fault.  They`ll take your details and be in touch as soon as the problem has been sorted.

0 Kudos

/16

didideve

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
didideve
Accepted Solution

All the problems I've had with the downloading have came from both trying to download straight to the PSP Go and coping it through the PS3.  

0 Kudos

/16

Crosbie

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Crosbie
Accepted Solution
Has anybody tried starting a DL on PSP then redownloading to PS3? I wonder whether this solves the console lock-in problem. I'd certainly like to be able to redownload and/or keep a backup on PS3...
0 Kudos

/16

Chanandler

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Chanandler
Accepted Solution

I've got this problem as well and am just on the phone with Sony support now. I picked my three games (using the PS3) but only downloaded the 1st of the three using the PS3. When I tried to copy it over I got the error message on the PSPgo about the protection information.

Then I went to my purchase history on the Go and tried downloading the second game there, but still got the same error message.

Going back to the PS3 I downloaded the other two there but it still would not let me play them on the Go, even though it copied them over OK.

To test though, I had already bought Resistance a few months ago so I downloaded that directly on the Go and that works fine so I know my account / activations / Go is OK!

Wonder what went wrong. 

0 Kudos

/16

Omega_Masher

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Omega_Masher
Accepted Solution

Opt1mus76 wrote:

Sony are aware of this problem and are currently working to fix it.  I contacted their helpline and was told the games are locked to the unit downloaded on (ie - the PS3) and as such can`t be transfered and played on PSP Go.  Seems they forgot to mention this with the reward code.  Strangely GT worked fine when I downloaded that on PS3 and transfered to PSP Go and I was even able to transfer it to my old PSP with no problems.

I`d recommend everyone with this fault to call Sony Playstation Helpline (UK - 08705 998877) if only to register the fault.  They`ll take your details and be in touch as soon as the problem has been sorted.

Everyone with this problem should take this step as they take your details and unbind the games so that they can be redownloaded on the Go. Once this is done DONT redownload onto PS3 just download on your Go or MediaGo.

Found they were extremely helpful and they are sorting out my problem now.

0 Kudos

/16

h0m0genised

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
h0m0genised
Accepted Solution

Omega_Masher wrote:

Opt1mus76 wrote:

Everyone with this problem should take this step as they take your details and unbind the games so that they can be redownloaded on the Go. Once this is done DONT redownload onto PS3 just download on your Go or MediaGo.

Found they were extremely helpful and they are sorting out my problem now.

Omega, did you have o fart around a lot? I rang this morning and they admitted that it was a known problem, but there was no fix and I 'just had to wait and see if they post a fix on uk.playstation.com' which is a pretty lame answer/excuse. Nowhere in the instructions does it say that you HAVE to download the titles via pspgo, only:
'10. Once you have entered your PlayStation Network Promotion Code correctly on PlayStation Store you can then download your games from a list.'
and as I did the GT reward first and that didn't mind being transferred from my PS3, I set the 3 reward games to download on PS3 as no PSP can ever hold a signal on my wireless network. I'm royally hacked off with my £225 paperweight. This is not what sony should be doing to ensure the success of their online store offering. I sense an email to 'Watchdog' and 'Which'. That'll go down well after the orange light of death 

0 Kudos

/16

Chanandler

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Chanandler
Accepted Solution

h0m0genised wrote:

I'm royally hacked off with my £225 paperweight. This is not what sony should be doing to ensure the success of their online store offering. I sense an email to 'Watchdog' and 'Which'. That'll go down well after the orange light of death 

While you are at it can you mention in the letter about Sony sending back non-UK PS3's as part of their replacement scheme for faulty units, meaning that UK-only content won't work any more (iPlayer springs to mind).

I'm also still waiting for the 3 promo-games I picked for my Go to work as well, this is really shoddy but I am surprised I have not read about it in any of the main gaming news sites!!! Maybe they haven't sold that many lol! 

0 Kudos

/16

Xantiriad

44%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Xantiriad
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

iMac|Macbook Pro|360|PS3|PSP|Wii|3DS|PSVita
XBL|PSN|Twitter: Xantiriad
/16

Chanandler

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Chanandler
Accepted Solution

Nice to see that someone else has finally picked up on the story and written about it!

Shame that it looks like Sony don't care though and aren't doing anything about it. 

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel