[EN] Archive

Technical Help

Technical Help

03 Oct 2009
By: didideve

5 Posts

PSP Go Rewards - Resistance Retribution Download Problems - Error 80109D53

26 Replies 9996 Views Created 04-10-2009

I activated both my shiny new black PSP Go and my older PSP 2000 FF7 console. I got the 3 free games code and entered it into the PSP. It confirmed the code as being correct and took me to the list of games I could download.

Oh, I should mention I clicked off the offer screen after I put in the code so I could download GT PSP onto the PSP directly and then I put the code into the PS3 to download my three free games ( I chose Daxter, Ratchet + Clank Size Matters and Resistance)

on the PS3.

My PSP was chugging along nicely with GT so I put the code into the PS3 to download the others. I downloaded Daxter and R&C fine but I did not have enough space on my PS3 hard drive to fit Resistance. I clicked away from the offer back to the XMB to delete some things (old videos, demos etc.)

I left the PSP to finish downloading/installing GT and the PS3 soon after finished downloading both Daxter and R&C. I plugged in the PSP into the PS3 with the USB cable and copied them on to it with no problems.

I put back in the code to download Resistance on the PS3. It downloaded fine but appeared in a different folder type on the PS3 XMB but it copied to the PSP hassle-free.  

This is where my problem started.

When I clicked on Resistance to try it after it copied to the PSP Go hard drive, it says that it has invalid copyright data on it or something similar (basically it didn't work). I did the process of deleting the data from the PSP and PS3 three times. They all had the same message. I tried to download it straight onto the PSP but that says "The install failed" and the error code 80109D53.

Again, I tried restarting the PSP, signing out of the PSN among other things (like the Media Go software on the PC) but still nothing.

Is there any way to fixing this?

Thanks in advance,

Sean. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 27 (9,996 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: PSP Go Rewards - Resistance Retribution Download Problems - Error 80109D53

i have exactly the same problem as this
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 27 (9,971 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

same here...
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 27 (9,938 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Betreff: Re: PSP Go Rewards - Resistance Retribution Download Problems - Error 80109D53

[ Edited ]

the same...im really sad about this:Confused:

im from germany

but my account is from the uk...

Nachricht bearbeitet durch Jamin_1 am 04-10-2009 01:05 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 27 (9,934 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: Betreff: Re: PSP Go Rewards - Resistance Retribution Download Problems - Error 80109D53

Ok, now i'm annoyed. I bought a £50 points card earlier and put it on. 

I bought Patapon 2 with no problems.

I bought Street Fighter Alpha Warrior's Dreams and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (both for £30) and neither will install onto the PSP Go hard drive.

I'm going to try and get a mod to sort this out or at least give me a decent explination.

I shelled out £225 for this PSP (which is £25 less than a PS3 Slim) and hardly any of the thing works. Sony better either sort this out or at least give me some sort of refund.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 27 (9,922 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: Betreff: Re: PSP Go Rewards - Resistance Retribution Download Problems - Error 80109D53

Are you guys downloading onto PS3 and then transferring? I wonder if this has anything to do with it. I havent used PS3 online for anything recently except play Uncharted 2 demo! The rewards games are for PSP Go ONLY- try reentering the rewards code on the Go itself to download them there. It will be very slow (maybe do it overnight?) but I wonder if people can share their PSP Go rewards games? Funnily enough, the GT game can be d/loaded onto old PSP by reusing code I received for it- I have done this and all seems fine- will be great for playing ad-hoc!

Let us know how you go. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 27 (9,912 Views)
0 Kudos

Yeah, I've tried both direct (that has the error code in the title of this thread) and through the PS3.

Neither work. 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 27 (9,913 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

I downloaded direct through WiFi. It said it worked ok but it hung every time I tried to play it. I deleted it and downloaded though Media Go on the PC and now it's fine.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 27 (9,901 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

This is weird,i bought Monster Hunter through the PS3 and downloaded it onto the PS3 and transferred and had no problems. Yet i tried my Rewards Downloads. I tried Killzone Liberation and am now getting the same ***** error message everyone else is getting.

Just weird cause I downloaded Monster Hunter, Rock Band Unplugged, Hero of Sparta, and GT all through the PS3 and they worked fine but the first rewards title i tried downloading i'm not getting to work at all.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 27 (9,886 Views)
0 Kudos

Seems like everyone who downloaded the free games through the playstation 3 has encountered this error, including myself. Does anyone know if Sony has acknowledge this problem?
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 27 (9,874 Views)
0 Kudos