18 Mar 2008

Playstation Staff

PSP Network Connection timed out issues

7 Replies 16,925 Views Created 18-03-2008
Hi guys someone please help me.

I can't seem to set up my sons internet connection even though I have sorted my daughters out no problems. I keep getting the message Error in connection. Connection to blah blah has timed out! I have done all the usual stuff - i.e. gone through set up again, checked WLAN was switched to right place, even went to McDonalds to do hotspot wifi connection. None of them work. I rang the helpline last night but they said I am doing everything right might be my router but how can that be if my daughters works. The version I have is slim and lite 2004. Last night I downloaded the new software version 3.9 via USB - all I really want to do is enable WMA so he can add music.

Please please help - I don't know what to do next.

Lozza
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (16,925 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: PSP Network Connection timed out issues

It's most likely a security issue.

What security does your router have? (WEP/WPA etc). Make sure you are inputting the relevant key correctly when setting up.

If you have done this, you will need to add your PSP MAC address to your router.
crazymod NEW
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (16,913 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hi

Any idea how I add the psp's mac address to my router??? I could look it up but am getting soooooooo bored of this now. Many thanks for your help.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (16,911 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Hi

Any idea how I add the psp's mac address to my router??? I could look it up but am getting soooooooo bored of this now. Many thanks for your help.

Boredom is no excuse for laziness. This is just the sort of crap that pollutes the Forum and why we have countless useless posts asking exactly the same thing.:xRolleyes:

However, I am here to help so.....

On your PSP, go to Settings, System Settings, System Information. Note down your MAC address. Open up your router configuration utility and enter the MAC address onto the list. Can't tell you how to do this as it differs from router to router. Read your router manual and/or call the manufacturer.

:Thumbs:
crazymod NEW
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (16,910 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

don't be mad at me - I tried to post back that I had actually done what you said but got timed out (story of my life). Entering the MAC address didn't work - I got in touch with the helpline and have been fobbed off with inputting WEP key incorrectly - which I can assure you that I have not. I have now tried another part of the forum - so as you can see I am still trying!!!! but thanx anyway.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (16,910 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Go into your router settings and Disable security,IF you CAN connect then...its definately a security issue.....WEP keys ARE case sensitive

addicted to PSV GD
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (16,912 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hi thanks for that but I had tried McDonalds which doesn't require a wep key. Thought I would give it another go and bloody hell it works today!!! Just got my son a new game - maybe it got rid of possible glitch in system. Thanks for your help. Would say if anyone else gets this problem don't give up - you will get there eventually.

:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (16,914 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggg What a stress!!!!!!

my ps3 connected fine 

but my psp has all the correct details in and its timeing out help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (11,944 Views)
0 Kudos