92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

PlayStation Network Error Code 80710102

128 Replies 218,132 Views Created 15-05-2007
This error code is caused by a connection time out when attempting to connect to the Domain Name Server (DNS). If you are seeing this code you should check the following: • Do you have a working internet connection (can you connect successfully using a PC)? • Reconfigure your network settings (delete existing settings and create new ones) • Does your Internet Service Provider (ISP) prohibit access to secure pages as a default setting? (this may lead to failures when accessing system software updates) • Within network settings, is the Primary DNS being detected? If the ‘Primary DNS’ is displayed as 0.0.0.0 or is blank, the DNS is not being detected automatically. If this is the case you should contact your ISP and ask for the ISP’s DNS address. This DNS address should then be manually input into your network settings. Following all of these steps your PS3 should now be able to get online. Should you have any further problems please contact the PlayStation Careline on 08705 99 88 77.
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

gs_94

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gs_94
Accepted Solution
Turning off the router worked for me, it was broken for months but that fixed it   
0 Kudos

Re: PlayStation Network Error Code 80710102

/16

Moberz

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Moberz
Accepted Solution

Can anyone help with this?

Saturday morning 1am i was playing online U2, then i had a connection error. Then everything froze, turned it all off, and tried to get back into PSN it failed. I have a signal strength of 80%, and the internet is fine on the computer and can use the I Player on the PS3, however I cannot get into PSN.

0 Kudos

/16

bluetomorrow58

40%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bluetomorrow58
Accepted Solution

Moberz wrote:

Can anyone help with this?

Saturday morning 1am i was playing online U2, then i had a connection error. Then everything froze, turned it all off, and tried to get back into PSN it failed. I have a signal strength of 80%, and the internet is fine on the computer and can use the I Player on the PS3, however I cannot get into PSN.

Are you on AOL by any chance? They've had a major problem with some secure sites. It should have been resolved by now.

0 Kudos

/16

GrieverLioness

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GrieverLioness
Accepted Solution

Hey guys, I have just experienced the 80710102 error. I'm not quite sure why because it is plugged in using an ethernet cable and I just used the cable to plug into this computer to access this forum, so there must be something wrong with my ps3 rather than my connection?

0 Kudos

/16

NOTORIOUS1988

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
NOTORIOUS1988
Accepted Solution

IM WITH AOL- AND MY PS3 GETS AN INTERNET CONNETION BUT FAILS ON PSN. I HAVE ENTERED PORT CODES INTO MY ROUTER THAT PLAYSTATION GAVE TO ME, BUT STILL FAILS TO SIGN IN. IV HAD THE ROUTER FOR 4 MONTHS, AND FOR THE FIRST TWO MONTHS I COULD SIGN IN NO PROBLEM. IM USING A DSL-2640R MADE BY D-LINK. HAS ANY1 ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM AND HAVE U RESOLVED IT??

0 Kudos

/16

AiddiGers

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AiddiGers
Accepted Solution

I too use AOL and have exactly the same D- link router. Just off the phone to AOL and shock horror have told me its Playstation I should be talking to get new settings. Have spent hours on this and its especially annoying as it worked fine for about a week, when I received this new router, but last couple of days cant sign in. I am about to phone Playstation but whats the bet they blame AOL and my router?? Any help would be appreciated but I have tried loads of things but still no use. Still get the error  80710102 :Stupid:

0 Kudos

/16

meanjester

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
meanjester
Accepted Solution

IF YOU ARE USING A WIRELESS ROUTER

The problem is more then likely the WPA2 or WPA encyption you have set as your security. The PS3 can not read this and therefore can never asign the system an IP address. Best way to get around it is to drop a little security and use a WEP. It is only a 10 key pin but it is better then nothing. After changing to WEP the PS3 should have no problems connecting. Therefore you need to be changing the security on your router itself.

For a home computer using a wireless connection, changing this setting will screw your internet connection. As you can imagine your going to have to change a couple things. The trick is to know is to select your current connection that is no longer working, right click on it and select "Properties". The go to the "Security" Tab and there will be a drop down menu that will look like this.....

No Authentication (Open)

Shared

WPA (Personal)

WPA2 (Personal)

WPA (Office)

WPA2 (Office)

ect.......

Microsoft does not consider a WEP connection a secure one. So you will have to change it to No Authentication, but then change the encryption type to WEP, select a new PIN and then go from there. At this point both the computer and the PS3 should be able to work at the same time.

I could be wrong here, but after screwing with this for a couple days is was the only way I could get all the systems in my house working without having to change the router settings all the time. Hope it helps best of luck.

0 Kudos

/16

TTDegs

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TTDegs
Accepted Solution
PS3 definitely DOES work with WPA2 :)

although some people do have problems trying to get it to work, this is more likely to be a 'clash' between the way the router implements it and the way the PS3 expects it to be.

Usually updating the router firmware to the latest version resolves this :)

It should be noted that:
1) WPA keys are case sensitive, and
2) when using the on screen keyboard to enter the password, pressing the 'Start' button at the end adds a space to the password field, which then fails. Instead, navigate to the on screen Enter 'button'
0 Kudos

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

/16

PoStMaN_PAT14

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PoStMaN_PAT14
Accepted Solution

Getting properly F***** off i am going to throw my Ps3 out the window in a minute 

i have error code 8013013D No one else seems to have .... i have done all that ipconfig and entered my shizzle but comes to connection test it fails to obtain ip adress when i have put it in manually 

Help or the Playstation DIES!!

0 Kudos

/16

TTDegs

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TTDegs
Accepted Solution
where did you set the PS3's IP - on the PS3 itself, or on the router?
0 Kudos

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

/16

Woodman272

53%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Woodman272
Accepted Solution

Don't you have to specify in the router setup AND then indicate the IP settings you used in a manual setup on the PS3?

0 Kudos

/16

adamsawicki19

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
adamsawicki19
Accepted Solution
Yes.
0 Kudos

/16

zekececil14

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
zekececil14
Accepted Solution
My problem is different. When I got my PS3 it worked just fine. Then all of a sudden when I start a game it signs me out with error code 80710102. I try to sign in, error code 80710102. After repeating a few times it is fine. This went on for a few weeks, then stopped. A few months later it is doing it again. It makes no sense. My PS3 has all the settings correct.
0 Kudos

/16

Bow-Woww

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Bow-Woww
Accepted Solution

my ip address is good,, internet connection good but playstation network says failed, want to know why.            this problem occured when i did the latest update 4 DC Universe this morning 2-24-2011,,before this everything waz fine,,please reply!!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

RobotGhoul

30%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RobotGhoul
Accepted Solution

i'm getting that same error code, 80710102 and it's not being fixed by any of the suggestions at the begining of this thread. but it works for a little bit here and there. has sony issued any official acknowlegment of any problem?

0 Kudos

/16

adamsawicki19

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
adamsawicki19
Accepted Solution

I have this problem.

So I did a connection test and it failed on ip address. So I watched a couple youtube videos and what not and edited my internet settings. It then succeeded for the ip address but failed for internet connection, then I edited more and I got my internet connection to suceed... when this happened everything succeeded

Now I sign in (and it works) but after 10-20 minutes of playing a game it just signs me out with this error code. Then I go to internet connection test and everything succeeds and I sign in again and it still works but only for 10-20 minutes.

I don't know if this made sense.. but any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos

/16
26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
iiNzTicTx_MH3_QS
Accepted Solution

i currently have this error, even though the internet connection is working from the pc , and ive checked all network settings what do i do?

0 Kudos

/16

SsS_Zeal

37%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SsS_Zeal
Accepted Solution
it's same with me !!! :(
0 Kudos

/16

Dunnie80

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dunnie80
Accepted Solution

im getting my error code when trying to connect my facebook to my ps3 and ive also got 8002430C after maunally inputting the dns??????????? 

i also recently changed my facebook password but am typing the new one in grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

RabidWalker

• Beta Tester
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RabidWalker
Accepted Solution

Dunnie80 wrote:

im getting my error code when trying to connect my facebook to my ps3 and ive also got 8002430C after maunally inputting the dns??????????? 

i also recently changed my facebook password but am typing the new one in grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hi Dunnie80,

Do you mean this code appears when connecting through the PS3 to Facebook (i.e the site itself) or the feature of linking the updates to your facebook profile for trophy unlocks etc?

Also do you have an issue going online with PS3 games at all?

Rabid

0 Kudos

/16

Dunnie80

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dunnie80
Accepted Solution

yes its with linking facebook for trophies etc. any idea how to help?

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel