Playstation has been working for a year, now it isn't connecting to the network. Just played today and now nothing. Running check network connection for 15 minutes and is still running... Any clue?
might be worth you reading my psn connection problems thread - link is in my sig line below
As in that thread, if it doesn't sort it out, post back in this thread with the answers to the questions at the top of that one and we'll go from there
hi, my 60gb PS3 has not been able to connect at all since the 3.00 update, before then my connection had no problems. I've contacted Netgear, and followed their advise to the letter, but still cannot connect. I also now have another problem, I restored to default settings to see if it might help, but now I cannot access my game save data for PS3 games, as it says I need to sign up. Obviously I cant sign in, as I can't connect anymore.
Is there any way I can access my save data, if I cant get back online?
1) any error messages you are getting .... the connection to the access point timed out
2) when the problem happens .... unable to connect at all
3) if you can actually sign in to PSN at all ... no
4) run the network connection test ... fails on obtaining IP
5) who your ISP is .... AOL
6) what make and model your router is .... Netgear DG834G v3
7) how you connect your PS3 to the router .... wireless
8) if this is something which has never worked, or used to work .... worked with no problems until the 3.00 update
9) what DNS servers you use .... 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52 as advised by Netgear
10) if you have changed your MTU .... 1500, tried 1400 but doesnt help
11) if your PS3 is in the router DMZ .... at the moment no, but tried that too with no success
do you have any ideas plz? thanks
Is there any advice you could give me plz?
which (as you are wireless) could be due to 3 basic reasons:
1) your router has wireless broadcast turned off (do you have any other wireless devices that can see it?)
2) your PS3 is too far away to get a good signal (can you move router and or PS3 closer together to check?)
3) your PS3 network card is dead
there are some other, less likely but possible things - like MAC address blocking or incorrect WPA password too, but lets rule out the first 2 options first
I wondered about the network card, but when the PS3 tries to connect the green light still flashes.
Also, if I connect the ethernet cable from my laptop to my PS3 it finds the PS3's IP .... sorry I'm not technically minded so I don't know if that means anything :?
The WEP password is correct, and the correct MAC address was entered too, Netgear say the router is working correctly, and both they and the PC expert in the house cant find any reason why it wont work. the router recognises the PS3. But the PS3 no longer seems to recognise the router .
are you trying to connect via easy, or manual?
if via manual, you may have mis-typed one of the IPs, and ended up with your PS3 in the wrong sub-group or something?
Via the PC, go to the router's control page, and click on the 'attached devices' option on the left - which should then show you what the router thinks is connected to it
the PS3 is allowed access on the router, and both the router and PS3 have the latest firmware updates.
IP's check out ok I think .... PS3 192.168.0.57 .... router 192.168.0.1
oh, I've tried both easy and manual