Technical Help

04 Jun 2011
By: InsaneFinn Member 8 Posts
Level 1
Accepted Solution

Playstation Store freezes

[ Edited ]
9 Replies 2936 Views edited 04-06-2011

After the 3.61 update i haven't been able to get in to PSN Store. Whenever i try to get in it freezes my PS3. After that when i shut down my PS3 it doesn't shut down normally. I have to press the power button for about 10 seconds before it shuts down. When powering up after that i get the message, that PS3 didn't shut down normally. Before all this mess it worked normally.

I have the launch PS3, which works on PS2 games as well. Everything else is working without issues and i can login to PSN, but Playstation Store freezes whole system.

Right now i'm on process to hard resetting PS3, which takes ages (~20h), but i'm hoping to get some suggestions if this doesn't work.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (2,936 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Re: Playstation Store freezes

I wouldnt try now as the store is under very heavy loads. wait a few days and then try.

Follow fi8767 on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (2,929 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I doubt it relates to that. I think there should be some sort of error message, if i can't get instead of freezing my PS3. Since so far i haven't found any similar issues i think the problem is somewhere in my PS3. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (2,921 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

After doing complete system recovery and using every option in Safe Menu and even reinstalling firmware there has been no luck on Playstation Store. It still keeps freezing my PS3. Now i'm out of options, but hopefully i get some response from e-mail support soon. Right now i'm restoring my backup, so i can play some games, since i can't do anything else right now to my PS3, unless i get some good tips.

Hopefully this can be resolved before the Welcome Back offer expires.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (2,905 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Is there no help to my situation?
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (2,896 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Now i'm convinced, that 3.61 was affecting my freeze up. Now after updating to 3.65 i finally got in.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (2,890 Views)
0 Kudos

I'm having the exact same problem it freezes as soon as i connect to the internet on it but wont even let me play the games... how did u fix it?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (2,887 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

It didn't freeze on internet connection, only on Playstation Store and it got fixed after 3.65 update.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (2,884 Views)
0 Kudos

can u update via the internet through safe mode?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (2,877 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I updated normally via internet and not in safe mode. If you have get PS3 freezing, when connecting to internet, then i would suggest updating with USB drive.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (2,871 Views)
0 Kudos