[EN] Archive

Technical Help

Technical Help

04 Jul 2011
By: wcoastDKSon

3 Posts

Playstation menu keeps popping up.

4 Replies 226 Views Created 04-07-2011

I recently purchased a PS3 couple of days ago, and when i got home i hooked up and started playing black ops. Every 5 minutes or so the playstation menu pops up and i didn't know why. And i tried using a new controller to see if it was a faulty controlller but it wasn't. I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and know how to resolve it? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (226 Views)
Level 13

Re: Playstation menu keeps popping up.

By menu you mean the XMB?  (Where games are loaded from)

Follow fi8767 on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (218 Views)
0 Kudos

I'm kind of confused on what you mean by that.

I'm just saying that whenever im playing black ops on disk or like watching netflix, the playstation menu keeps popping up and bugging me when im not pushing the middle button (that brings up the menu)

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (212 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

wcoastDKSon wrote:

I'm kind of confused on what you mean by that.

I'm just saying that whenever im playing black ops on disk or like watching netflix, the playstation menu keeps popping up and bugging me when im not pushing the middle button (that brings up the menu)

This is quite an unusual issue, was the console you purchased a new unit?

Initially I would advise to restore the default settings on the unit and go from here. If the issue persists, you can attempt to go through Safe Mode- for more information have a look HERE.

Let me know how you get on.

Rabid

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (197 Views)
0 Kudos

Surprisingly not, i bought this on craiglist, but when i went over there to buy it, i tested it and it was fine nothing was wrong with it. But when i got home i encountered some weird errors. Like the one i mentioned above. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (189 Views)
0 Kudos