27 Jul 2007
By Fok83

Playstation Staff

Possible solution for: 8013013E

11 Replies 30,240 Views Created 27-07-2007
If you're trying to connect your PS3 via WiFi, and it displays the 8013013E error, try the following:

If you keep getting the error while you're sure about having the correct WEP settings set and (in case you're using MAC authentication) you've added your PS3's MAC address to your WiFi router/access point. Then look to the 'Authentication Type' setting of your router/access point.

The PS3 will only connect via WiFi if the 'Authentication Type' setting of your router/access point is set to 'Open (System)' (=also the safest setting) or 'Both' / 'Auto'. Just make sure you don't set the 'Authentication Type' to 'Shared (Key)', because this won't work for the PS3.

Note: After you've set the correct 'Authentication Type', you might need to adjust the settings of other WiFi devices in order for them to work properly with the new router/access point setting.

Good luck!

PS: The easiest method to verify wether the 'Authentication Type' setting is causing the error, is to temporarily disable all other authentication functions (e.g. WEP, MAC authentication) of your router/access point. If your PS3 can't connect even with those functions disabled, then you can be pretty sure it's time to look at the 'Authentication Type' setting of your router/access point.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12 (30,240 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Possible solution for: 8013013E

Thanks for your reply

My Netgear DG834G only seems to have WEP, WPA Pre-shared Key or WPA-802.1x as the choice of security. Does this mean I will have to use WEP as this is not "shared key"?

I can't find another "authentication type"

Thanks for your help
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12 (30,239 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thanks for your reply

My Netgear DG834G only seems to have WEP, WPA Pre-shared Key or WPA-802.1x as the choice of security. Does this mean I will have to use WEP as this is not "shared key"?

Thanks for your help

I suggest you try them all and see which one actually works. My WiFi AP doesn't have WPA, so I'm not really sure.

Good luck with it!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12 (30,296 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Riferimento: Re: Possible solution for: 8013013E

Thanks for your reply

Thanks for your help

I'm using the DG834G too,
after installing the latest firmware WPA did not work any more !
I had to cancel the latest firmware, now with the older version it works again with WPA/PSK....
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12 (30,288 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thanks for your help.

Could you tell me which version of firmware you are using with the DG834G?

Mine is the DG834Gv3 using the V4.01.30 firmware.

Cheers
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12 (30,288 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

AW: Re: Possible solution for: 8013013E

Thanks for your help.

Could you tell me which version of firmware you are using with the DG834G?

Mine is the DG834Gv3 using the V4.01.30 firmware.

Cheers

V4.01.30 seems to be the newest firmware, unfortunatelly after installing this my PS3 could not connect any more with the old WPA-PSK Key.

Attention: don't try to install an older firmware on this new one, I did so but now with the older firmware V4.01.04 I have other serious problems...
after doing this my PS3 works again with the WPA Key but I have other problems now for example with the browser of my PC and Laptop who is also connceted to the same router.

I'm working now on this problem, I hope I can resolve it soon....

Ps.
sorry my English is not the best, I'm italian :smileywink:

with Version
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12 (30,288 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thanks, you're English is much better than my Italian!

Prego..

I don't think I'll mess around too much with the firmware on the Netgear router,
There must be a problem with the PS3, but I cannot find any decent help on the PS3 site.

I'll post again if I get news.

Grazie
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12 (30,288 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I to have this problem, with a DG834g v3 which i have just upgraded to 4.01.30

Is it possible to go back to a more recent firmware that will work other than .04?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12 (30,288 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

AW: Re: Possible solution for: 8013013E

I to have this problem, with a DG834g v3 which i have just upgraded to 4.01.30

Is it possible to go back to a more recent firmware that will work other than .04?

for me it was impossible to "downgrade" the firmware to an older version with success
after trying to do so I got problems even with the Internet Browser of my PC and Laptop
to resolve the problem I changed the router and I got one with an older firmware, now it works again...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12 (30,288 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Riferimento: Possible solution for: 8013013E

Hi,

I have the same problem.

I'm looking in other forums if there is a solution, but it seems to be NO solutions!!

I have PS3 with last firmware 1.2 and Netgear router DG834G with last firmware 4.01.30.

Please, if anyone solve the problem contact me!!

Thanks
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12 (30,289 Views)
0 Kudos