13 Sep 2010
By Bru_82

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Ps3 Dualshock 3 controller keeps pushing "select" button while browsing the net.

5 Replies 654 Views Created 13-09-2010

Please help!

I`m having this annoying problem with my new Dualshock3 controller (this being the slightly cheaper one than the original black Dualshock3, color deep red) - it keeps pushing the "select" button while browsing the internet, plus I can`t use the L1 and R1 buttons while typing the text to skip a letter that went wrong during typing. Only thing that corrects this issue is when connecting the USB cable to the controller and having connected for a while.

The same issue happens also during gameplay (keeps pushing "select" or "start " button - again using the USB cable seems to solve the problem. Then again what`s the point on having a wireless controller when I have to keep using the cable?

Should I return the controller to the place where I bought it?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (654 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Ps3 Dualshock 3 controller keeps pushing "select" button while browsing the net.

sounds like a faulty battery on the controller as when its plugged in it works fine (proper power)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (652 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Ps3 Dualshock 3 controller keeps pushing "select" button while browsing the net.

Then again when playing co-op and using the controller as nr. 2, it works perfectly fine. The controller even charges properly, no issues there. Any other suggestions?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (648 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

About the L1 and R1 buttons while browsing the net - these buttons woun`t work even when USB cable is connected (while pressing these buttons only thing that comes out is the sound of buttons being pressed, but on actual movement of cursor).

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (643 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

whether this is a battery issue, or a button issue - either way it doesn't sound correct, so yes, I'd take it back and ask for a replacement :smileyhappy:

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (634 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thanks for the replies! Will try to take it back and have it replaced.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (603 Views)
0 Kudos