13 Sep 2010
By Bru_82

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Ps3 Dualshock 3 controller keeps pushing "select" button while browsing the net.

5 Replies 660 Views Created 13-09-2010

Please help!

I`m having this annoying problem with my new Dualshock3 controller (this being the slightly cheaper one than the original black Dualshock3, color deep red) - it keeps pushing the "select" button while browsing the internet, plus I can`t use the L1 and R1 buttons while typing the text to skip a letter that went wrong during typing. Only thing that corrects this issue is when connecting the USB cable to the controller and having connected for a while.

The same issue happens also during gameplay (keeps pushing "select" or "start " button - again using the USB cable seems to solve the problem. Then again what`s the point on having a wireless controller when I have to keep using the cable?

Should I return the controller to the place where I bought it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (660 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Ps3 Dualshock 3 controller keeps pushing "select" button while browsing the net.

sounds like a faulty battery on the controller as when its plugged in it works fine (proper power)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (658 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Ps3 Dualshock 3 controller keeps pushing "select" button while browsing the net.

Then again when playing co-op and using the controller as nr. 2, it works perfectly fine. The controller even charges properly, no issues there. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (654 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

About the L1 and R1 buttons while browsing the net - these buttons woun`t work even when USB cable is connected (while pressing these buttons only thing that comes out is the sound of buttons being pressed, but on actual movement of cursor).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (649 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

whether this is a battery issue, or a button issue - either way it doesn't sound correct, so yes, I'd take it back and ask for a replacement :smileyhappy:

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (640 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thanks for the replies! Will try to take it back and have it replaced.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (609 Views)
0 Kudos