11 Apr 2011

Playstation Staff

Ps3 Graphic glitches in some games

3 Replies 575 Views Created 11-04-2011

I there....   Lately i'm noticing some graphic glitches in my ps3!!!! In the first time i thought it was a game problem ( Red Dead Redemption), but now i'm having in almost all games.. (Black Ops, Fifa 11, Assassins Creed ....) I've also noticed that my ps3 is getting hotter with the time... May it be related.... Is my ps3 dying????

Best Regards...

David Macedo

Here are some screenshots and a video with the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cZwhRY8B58

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (575 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Ps3 Graphic glitches in some games

I'm getting this too. Games can be fine but then this happens. Getting it on several games.

Any one know what's happening?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (405 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have also been having these problems... it first started when I got Assasin's Creed: Brotherhood.  I started getting exploding polygons all over the place.  Since then I have played InFamous 2 and there were very few glitches but occasionaly there would be an exploding polygon.  After that I went back and played Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (for the first time) and while I haven't seen any exploading polygons my character will sometimes be illuminated with a blue light and occationaly some dead pirates are illuminated.  This seems to be dependent on the angle of the viewing camera.  Also, I see flashes (like when you see the treasures) but I get over there and there is nothing there... not sure if this is a glitch or if it is supposed to be 'dust' floating through the sunlight... but it seems to happen when playing the inside levels too.  This is frustrating and I wish someone knew what the issue is.  I could replace the malfunctioning part on my PS3 if I knew what it was.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (366 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

You could try a different video input cables

Follow fi8767 on Twitter
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (352 Views)