[EN] Archive

Technical Help

Technical Help

13 Sep 2011
By: DoominatorX

1 Posts

Resistance 3 Online Pass not working

10 Replies 2353 Views Created 13-09-2011

So, i just bought Resistance 3, and when I try to enter the online pass, being VERY careful to enter it precisely in the redeem codes, it says its no longer valid. HOW???? I just bought the damn game a week ago. Its brand new! This is garbage. Sony strikes again with another glitch in its online gaming. What a ripoff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (2,353 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Re: Resistance 3 Online Pass not working

Is your PSN account region the same as the game region? Apparently the passes might be region locked, although some seem to think that might have changed. Worth a thought in any case.

In similar situations on the official Resistance forums people are being advised to contact PSN support who should be able to provide you with another code. So...

0844 736 0595
networksupport@uk.playstation.com

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (2,332 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Hi, I just got this game when I was in America & my online pass isnt working either, Im from the uk, are the games region locked or something??

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (2,192 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Vtec-9000 wrote:

Hi, I just got this game when I was in America & my online pass isnt working either, Im from the uk, are the games region locked or something??

Download content is and the Online pass is "download content". The Online pass you have will only work on the US Store if you bought the game in the states.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (2,185 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Thanks for the quick reply, does this mean I cant play online unless I make a US account? I take it theres no point downloading the online add on from the store either then?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (2,183 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

[ Edited ]

Edit: Ah took too long - what Ew_Tux said :smileyvery-happy:

You'd need a US account to use the US code, yeah.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (2,180 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I had the same message and i called sony. They said the code had been activated over a week ago by someone else. I bought the doomsday edition and i think the code system is inneffective and prone to theives and piracy. they also said i would have to go to the store i bought it or pay up ten dollars so im slightly upset.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (1,928 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Kevinchy103 wrote:

I had the same message and i called sony. They said the code had been activated over a week ago by someone else. I bought the doomsday edition and i think the code system is inneffective and prone to theives and piracy. they also said i would have to go to the store i bought it or pay up ten dollars so im slightly upset.

:/

The game was sealed when you bought it, right?

Have you tried going back to the shop and asking for another code?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (1,921 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

[ Edited ]

it was sealed and for now all i ask is they look into how it was stolen. I will probably not go to the retailer as it was an unopened gift.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (1,918 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

[ Edited ]

Does anyone else have access to your PS3/PSN account/the code? It seems bizarre that someone else could have activated your code.

To be honest if you've phoned Tech Support already then I'm not sure there's much that can be done on Sony's end.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (1,909 Views)
0 Kudos