06 Apr 2012

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Skyrim 2.04 update console freezes when I enter water

6 Replies 25,714 Views Created 06-04-2012

After downloading the latest skyrim 2.04 update my console now freezes when ever I try and go in water please help.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (25,714 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: Skyrim 2.04 update console freezes when I enter water

From the Bethesda forums. 

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1364560-game-freeze-after-going-underwater/

We've seen reports of users having issues with the game freezing up when entering water. If you're having this issue, head to the PlayStation XMB menu. From there go to Game>Game Data Utility. Delete the game data and title updates for Skyrim.

Note: Game Data is not the same as your game saves. As long as you're not deleting anything from the game saves folder, you'll still have your saves.

Once you restart Skyrim, you'll need to wait for the 1.5 title update to reinstall, as well as the mandatory game data install. 

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (25,713 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

This^

Also, If it happens again, update until you get to the 1.5 update and then cancel. then you'll be able to continue playing but will be unable to sign into PSN while doing so. (Just as Skyrim updates are somewhat tempermental)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (25,706 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

strangeplaice wrote:
This^

Also, If it happens again, update until you get to the 1.5 update and then cancel. then you'll be able to continue playing but will be unable to sign into PSN while doing so. (Just as Skyrim updates are somewhat tempermental)

Bethesda are actually recommending a fresh install of both patch and mandatory install file like the previous update which i did on 1.04(2.03) which resulted in a decent overall game performance with my game.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (25,688 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I cant download the 1.5 update as I only have the option of downloading the 2.04 update nothing else and if I don't down load it cant play it at all because the game tells me the all the saves I have are now from a newer version of skyrim and to re-download the 2.04 update.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (25,687 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

RideR-head wrote:

I cant download the 1.5 update as I only have the option of downloading the 2.04 update nothing else and if I don't down load it cant play it at all because the game tells me the all the saves I have are now from a newer version of skyrim and to re-download the 2.04 update.

1.05 is the 2.04 update it's just the way Bethesda number them for different countries 1.05 is the universal number for all platforms PC,360 and PS3 and 2.04 is the number for european and PAL region PSN users it's still the same patch as 1.05.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (25,670 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Yes removing both the updates and game data and reinstalling it all (2.04) has worked thanx guys

:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (25,668 Views)