22 Oct 2011

Playstation Staff

Slow PS3 download speeds?

3 Replies 1,729 Views Created 22-10-2011

I have been trying to research as to why my PS3 downloads are so slow all of a sudden. I have the origonal Fat boy 60gig PS3. I switched from ATT to comcast (xfinity) recently. I changed their stupid modem to a bridge and bought a netgear router than I had set up at my parents when I lived there.

Using speedtest.net on my computer/phone and other computers my download speeds are anywhere from 30-35mbps. If I download torrents on my computer (even wirelessly) I can get upwards of 1meg/sec.

My PS3 takes about 20min to download a 20 meg update.

I had comast previously and never had this issue...with AtT I never had this issue either.

I have all the ports forwarded and opened on my PS3. I have a static iP and even set up a DMZ.

Anyone have a clue as to what could I do to fix it?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (1,729 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Slow PS3 download speeds?

I am having the exact same problem and I have a similar connection speed, big files would download withing a few minutes before now they are taking forever.

Sometimes the download speed seems ok for a few %s but then it slow right down.

What's going on?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (1,714 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

My download speeds seem to be back to normal now, the only thing that I did was to add my PS3 for port forwarding on my router, I don't know if that's what has made the difference.

Before it was taking 1 minute to dowload 1MB -__-

Now is back to downloading fast, around 80MB per minute \o/

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (1,708 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

hey dude, i just HAD that same problem i was having a great connection and i had awesome download speeds. i was playing my online games it was getting slow so i was like *** my buddy was over last night and we compared internet speeds mine was 2 mbps dl and 450 kbps upload his was 15 mbps dl and 480 kbps i then realized after 3 hours of *****king with my ps3 and router it was my ps3. i had an old ps3 from a YLOD...(10 times fixed then mother board fried) and i was thinking maybe it was the wi fi card got fried in my old ps3. replaced it and now running just like it was. i just put a video up on youtube i cant even find it on the search on youtube but heres my youtube name warcrimes7

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (990 Views)
0 Kudos