System Software V.1.66 is now available for the PSVita. You will be prompted to download the update if your PSVita is online.
The update will feature the following:
- [Notification Alert] setting added to Settings > [Sound & Display]
- [After 10 Minutes] option added to Settings > [Power Save Settings]
- An arrow icon is introduced to show when PS Vita finds new activities in LiveArea.
- The Caps Lock icon in the On-Screen Keyboard can now be fixed to allow a continuous string of upper case text.
Other features also included:
- The [System Music] setting in Settings > [Sound & Display] now affects BGM in PS Store, near and Sign-Up screens as well as the Home menu.
- When searching for location data, users now have the option to ‘Retry’ and ‘Cancel’ when a failure occurs.
- A progress bar is introduced for application installation.
- A direct link to PlayStation Store is made available for new applications that users may discover on near.
- Users can now update data at any time within near, provided they are within the same location.
- The display time of notification alerts has been reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Functional improvements have been made in the following games and applications: Unit 13, Gravity Daze, near.
Hardly. I think we were all at least expecting more PSP games to become compatible (although unofficially apparently this update is meant to fix the PSN+ Minis), at the very least.
Why can't we have Burnout Legends and Burnout Dominator when they "unofficially" work in the US? The code can't possibly be that different from region to region on a portable console as it doesn't have PAL/NTSC issues, every PSP was identical hardware wise.
I certainly was hoping for mention of WiFi improvements as its driving me crazy how if I connect my Vita to my 802.11n network, I get around 6Mbit on the speed test, on my backup 802.11g router I get 5Mbit.
However in real-world usage downloading from the store I get around 1Mbit on my N network and 4Mbit on my G. That makes absolutely no sense except that there is a major flaw with N networking on the Vita as my PHONE and laptop can both comfortably do 20MBit.
Mind you, its not like I ever get more than about 7Mbit on the PS3 from the store and that is wired, so I think the store has a speed limiter on it as downloads from elsewhere I can get 37Mbit wired. But I would be happy to at least get a comparable speed on my Vita seeing as my WiFi can handle it on every other device.
I wonder when they'll FINALLY add PSOne Classics compatibility to the Vita's firmware.. I was hoping to bring FFIX with me on my Vita!
as loing thay make fill trasfer moch eser at the mow i remins to moch of the ipod and fond that to stped thats way ues the psp go grab drop and go way did sony have to mak it to moch lime the ipod
I personally wouldnt mind a update to allow the vita to access Video and Flash online through the browser (YouTube (Multi Billion £/$ company) and it doesbt work on the most powerful hand held gaming device!
Only real issue i have