23 Feb 2012
By: thepidgeon

3 Posts

Vita wont connect to Wifi

7 Replies 3,410 Views Created 23-02-2012

I have tried connecting my Wifi Vita to my router at home and it just wont do it. I have got plenty of other devices at home which can recognise it, but the Vita sees the network for a minute, attempts to connect and then fails.

Once the connection has failed there is a X symbol to replace the signal strength symbol against my network.

I have tried rebooting the router and the Vita but still no joy.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (3,410 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: Vita wont connect to Wifi

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem trying to connect using wireless 802.11 n @ 5Ghz signal.

I have tried on two seperate N spec. routers running at 5Ghz, the only way I could get the Vita to connect was to either run the routers at 802.11 n @ 2.4Ghz, or to switch to 802.11 g @2.4Ghz.

If your router is n spec, try switching to 2.4Ghz if you can. The only trouble is you won't get full connection download speeds for other 5Ghz compatible devices unless you run at 5Ghz.

Does anyone know if the Vita is supposed to handle n @ 5Ghz? Anyone using a 5Ghz 802.11 n router succesfully? Or is the Vita restricted to 2.4Ghz?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (3,405 Views)
0 Kudos

Thanks very much, i'll give that a go tonight!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (3,396 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

[ Edited ]

Further, the Vita can't connect to WPA Enterprise security networks, ones that require a username and password and not just a preshared key. These networks are commonly found on college campuses, in that crucial 18-34 demographic.

There does seem to be proxy support, so kudos on that, as that is another thing that is often found on campus networks or business environments and so many devices simply don't include support for.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (3,391 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

I am having issues with wifi on my Vita also.

It doesn't connect automatically to the AP, even though it can see it and if I forces it to connect, it connects the first time >_<

I have plenty of other devices on that AP; PS3, phones, Wii, Xbox 360 and so on.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (3,365 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Nevermind, I misunderstood how it works. It connects to my Wifi, when needed, not when "idling" in standby.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (3,358 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Wifi on the Vita is shocking. I have my mobile phone (which is tiny) and my Vita sat next to each other not more than 5m away from my router. The phone has 100% Wifi signal the Vita 40%. Move the Vita 2" and the Wifi connection fails..........Arrrrrggggghhhhhhh
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (3,356 Views)
0 Kudos

ive been reading up on the specs for the vita and it does say on the had book that it supports ieee 802.11n but im also having trouble connecting it to my wifi as well.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (3,339 Views)
0 Kudos