07 May 2012
Playstation Staff

Xperia Play Screen freeze

3 Replies 1,482 Views Created 07-05-2012

Hey guys, i've got a problem with my Sony Ericsson xperia play and if anyone can shed any light on how to get round this dilemma id be really greatful. I woke up this morning and heard i recieved a text, i pressed the hard button and the screen shows up, things are looking well so far. However as soon as i try and slide the unlock tab across there is no response. I was rubbing my finger against the screen for ages but i got nothing. I've ended up having to take the battery out to restart the phone, i've restarted it countless times now and nothing is changing; i even did the reset where you turn the phone on and hold the menu key to enter safe mode... still not working. Is there anyway around this or am i gonna have to send for a new one? Any help will be appreciated. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (1,482 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: Xperia Play Screen freeze

sounds like the touch screen has bust

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (1,481 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

It does sound like the touch screen has failed you :smileysad: I think you're probably out of luck unless the Xperia support teams are able to help. PlayStation Support won't be any help as it's the phone teams who you'll need to deal with.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (1,471 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Yeah i've decided to send it away for repairs, thankfully it was insured. Back to using the 2005 motorola for now haha, thanks anyway guys :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (1,442 Views)
0 Kudos