09 Jan 2010
Playstation Staff

You Did not earn a Trophy

4 Replies 693 Views Created 09-01-2010

I recently bought dragonage origins, my sister started playing it before I did on her ps3 profile (she doesn't have a psn id only my profile does) as I started playing through the game, I noticed i was getting the message "you did not earn a trophy" when I should've. I have tried deleting my sisters ps3 profile including her save games, but still I get "you did not earn a trophy" whats gone wrong? I should clarfiy that I made a NEW save as dragonage saves are copy protectied, the game doesn't have cheat codes, there is no reason I can fathom as to why the game or PSN is not awarding me the trophies

this was happening about 2 weeks ago and still is, I've done two full playthroughs and looking at the trophy list I should now have 80-90% of them, is the only way to starting earning them to delete the game data off the ps3, including my save games? because I really don't want to lose 100+hours of gameplay and have to do the whole thing from scratch.. 

I imagine that my PSN knows which trophies I have earned but won't award them for some bizarre reason, is there any way for the trophies I should have rightfully earned to be awarded to me? I've contacted EA's tech support department (lol ea tech support) but they haven't graced me with a response in 7 days

or am I totally humped?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (693 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: You Did not earn a Trophy

This message usually means it thinks you are using someone elses gamesave data. I guess it might be related to the fact that Dragon Age contacts the EA servers, What happens on a new save if you aren't connected to the Internet?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (686 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

being disconnected  from the internet didn't make a difference it still says "you did not earn a trophy" (i started a new playthrough to check)

usually you get the message if you use someone elses save, but I couldn't possibly be using someone's save as dragonage copy protects its save games so you can't do anything with them

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (675 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Very odd. I guess only EA or Bioware can answer. The Bioware forum is below :-

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/subindex/7
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (659 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I've contacted EA tech support by phone and they said trophy issues were to be dealt with by sony tech support. I rang sony tech support  support only for them to say its game isuue contact ea. So neither side is taking responsibility and is pointing the finger at the other :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (624 Views)
0 Kudos