By rocket_Magnet

rocket_Magnet

33%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

You Did not earn a Trophy

4 Replies 762 Views Created 09-01-2010

I recently bought dragonage origins, my sister started playing it before I did on her ps3 profile (she doesn't have a psn id only my profile does) as I started playing through the game, I noticed i was getting the message "you did not earn a trophy" when I should've. I have tried deleting my sisters ps3 profile including her save games, but still I get "you did not earn a trophy" whats gone wrong? I should clarfiy that I made a NEW save as dragonage saves are copy protectied, the game doesn't have cheat codes, there is no reason I can fathom as to why the game or PSN is not awarding me the trophies

this was happening about 2 weeks ago and still is, I've done two full playthroughs and looking at the trophy list I should now have 80-90% of them, is the only way to starting earning them to delete the game data off the ps3, including my save games? because I really don't want to lose 100+hours of gameplay and have to do the whole thing from scratch.. 

I imagine that my PSN knows which trophies I have earned but won't award them for some bizarre reason, is there any way for the trophies I should have rightfully earned to be awarded to me? I've contacted EA's tech support department (lol ea tech support) but they haven't graced me with a response in 7 days

or am I totally humped?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (762 Views)
0 Kudos
Iyonix
/16

Iyonix

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: You Did not earn a Trophy

This message usually means it thinks you are using someone elses gamesave data. I guess it might be related to the fact that Dragon Age contacts the EA servers, What happens on a new save if you aren't connected to the Internet?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (755 Views)
0 Kudos
rocket_Magnet
/16

rocket_Magnet

33%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

being disconnected  from the internet didn't make a difference it still says "you did not earn a trophy" (i started a new playthrough to check)

usually you get the message if you use someone elses save, but I couldn't possibly be using someone's save as dragonage copy protects its save games so you can't do anything with them

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (744 Views)
0 Kudos
Iyonix
/16

Iyonix

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Very odd. I guess only EA or Bioware can answer. The Bioware forum is below :-

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/subindex/7
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (728 Views)
0 Kudos
rocket_Magnet
/16

rocket_Magnet

33%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

I've contacted EA tech support by phone and they said trophy issues were to be dealt with by sony tech support. I rang sony tech support  support only for them to say its game isuue contact ea. So neither side is taking responsibility and is pointing the finger at the other Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (693 Views)
0 Kudos