01 Apr 2010

Playstation Staff

error codes 8002f14e

2 Replies 4,035 Views Created 01-04-2010

how can i stop a system software update after this error has occurred. I cannot access any type of menu I've held the power button down for 10 sec turning on again after 2 mins, it keeps trying to install the new software update, it gets to 40% and th error message appears. Any ideas would be helpful?

also my brother deleted his cookies and now can not put any thing into an online basket. Any ideas how to restore cookies?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3 (4,035 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Re: error codes 8002f14e

This
http://forums.llamma.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=25169
seems like a pretty informative post on the subject - but the bad news is that it's bad news :smileysad:

There are some suggestions to try (pulling out HDD, and reseating [with power OFF], or trying to boot into safe mode [see link below]) but basically it looks like you have some kind of hardware fault, and this is stopping the update from completing.

It may be that your only option is to send it off (possibly to Sony) for a fix.

What model PS3 is it? Still in warranty?

Safe mode boot - choose option 3.
Have a good read about the pros and cons, what data may be deleted, and the implications of choosing the wrong option
http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-General/How-to-access-Playstation-3-SAFE-MODE/m-p/4...

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3 (4,018 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: error codes 8002f14e

They are both older models. The one with the error code belonged to a friend, My brother bought it after his 2 year old kid decided to see how many discs he could fit in the drive. My friend has taken it apart and tried to fix it. We were not too concerned that we couldn't play disc's in it, it was more for the use of the Internet. I don't really know what my brother did to his other Ps3 but now he can not put things in to a shopping basket. And yesterday they needed an update, which worked fine for mine and my brothers but not on the other one, it's probably something my friend did to screw it up. I'll probably send it off to get repaired. Thanks anyway!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3 (4,015 Views)
0 Kudos