[EN] Archive

Technical Help

Technical Help

02 Jun 2010
By: ndgilly17

1 Posts

help!!! my ps3 won't connect to my wireless router

5 Replies 10138 Views Created 02-06-2010

after being able to connect since havin my ps3 it suddenly decided not to connect any more. after tryin for several days, with no luck, i reset to default settings when i tried to connect to network again i can't seem to set it up. the console finds the router with 100% signal but when i put in WPA KEY it said it was wrong so tried other password and got ERROR 8013013D. some help would be gratfully appreciated

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (10,138 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: help!!! my ps3 won't connect to my wireless router

Check out my problem here

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/Keep-getting-signed-out-of-Playstation-Network...

I had the exact same problem as you when i was using my original router, fingers crossed we can get it sorted

Noinho
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (10,131 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

the fact that you can 'see' the router is a good start :smileyhappy:

things to try next:
reboot the router - make sure you leave it off for at least 30 seconds.
double check the WPA key you are using
make sure that when typing the key in, you use the correct upper and lower case
do NOT use the 'start' button at the end of the key as a shortcut to 'enter', as this can add a space to the end (making the password incorrect) - instead navigate to the virtual 'enter' button on the keyboard

shout back if none of that helps :smileyhappy:

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (10,123 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

None of it seems to work

To explain the problem further

I have re-configured my router and inputted all of the correct settings for it to work again, it works perfectly for my PC but i cannot connect my PS3 to it.

Herre is what happens when i try to set up a network:

Wirelessly

> i perform a scan and the ps3 picks up the wireless network.

> I input all of the settings, WPA key etc.

> the PS3 fails whilst trying to obtain an IP address.

Wired

> I try both easy and custom, but again the PS3 fails to obtain an IP address.

My router DHCP server is on.

My TCP/IP settings on my PC are set to obtain IP address automatically.

Any help as to why i cant connect my PS3?

(p.s. I never changed my firewall setting after performing the reset so i presume they are still strict)

I have been using a zxyel router to tie me over but am really sick of it now, the netopia always worked fine so i just hope i can set up the netopia one again.

Noinho
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (10,051 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

[ Edited ]

2 things to try.

(1) do you have a MAC address filter active in your router ?
Is your PC MAC address already in there, but not your PS3 ?
Try manually adding your PS3 MAC address, (found in either network settings list or PS3 settings - can't remember which one).
Or try disabling the MAC address filter altogether.

(2) does your router have the additional security feature of "push to connect" ? (I doubt this is a problem as it's only active for WiFi connections - you seem to have a wire issue also).

I used to have the original Orange LiveBox router, and with WEP type encryption, it required the "2" button to be pressed before connecting a device to the router for the 1st time.
(Kind of like having a auto-add MAC feature).
Try either disabling that (if you can) or look in your router manual to see if that type of initial pairing is required via WiFi.

Others have has a similar issue here before > http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/Error-8013013d/td-p/3871781;jsessionid=DA67D00...

However, I doubt that is the issue as it shouldn't affect a wired connection.

I think it's a MAC address issue, but could be completely wrong.
Any chance of posting your router model number so that others here can look at the menu options to see if there's anything there that could be the culprit ?

You could also try manually assigning an IP address to the Ps3, just to see if it's the DHCP on your router that's broken, and isn't attempting to allocate a valid internal IP address ?

P.S.
Last call could be a factory reset on the router, then try to reconnect all devices after that ?
You never know, routers are tricky beggars and can cause so many unexpected errors.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (10,031 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Try removing the WEP/WPA security first, just as test to see if it will connect. If it does connect either change the security type from WEP to WPA/WPA2 or vice versa, or just change your password.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (10,025 Views)
0 Kudos