[EN] Archive

Technical Help

Technical Help

26 Aug 2011
By: oldskoolraver92 Member 8 Posts
Level 1

my ps3 FREEZES everytime i skim over or access the music section in the media bar!! help!!

5 Replies 174 Views Created 26-08-2011

my problem started when moving music files from my laptop to the ps3 via the ps3 media server. i now cannot acces my music files as the system will just freeze up. i tried to delete as many music files as i could before each inevitable freeze but i seem to have only made the situation worse, as i now cause a freeze everytime i simply move the media bar from left to right  over the music section on the media bar. this is worrying as i now cannot change my settings as i have allready tried to rebuild the ps3 database and restored default settings as suggested in another post on simular accurences!! i am now stuck as im in a situation now without my ps3!! please help and thanx in advance!!

ps. it is a ps3slim250gb and is just over a year old with a full free 56gb of memory!!.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (174 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: my ps3 FREEZES everytime i skim over or access the music section in the media bar!! help!!

ok new update!!

the ps3 now freezes as soon as i select which id i want to log in on! so now its dead!!!

PLEASE HELP!!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (173 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: my ps3 FREEZES everytime i skim over or access the music section in the media bar!! help!!

iv now restored the file system also but still freezes! when u choose the user

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (163 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

...but still doesnt work........sorry im not spamming the site i accidently pressed post with the mouse. oops!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (162 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

When you did the PS3 system restore was it full or just quick?

If its a HDD corruption somewhere you'll need to do the full restore and 250gb gonna take 6+ hours for a proper rebuild.

Try that and see how you go, hope you backed up your data before you did restore as well!!

Photobucket

Force no friend
Fear no foe
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (154 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Before you do a full system restore. try a "Rebuild database" in PS3 safe mode.

Follow fi8767 on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (142 Views)
0 Kudos