25 Jan 2012

Playstation Staff

my ps3 internet is not working

4 Replies 586 Views Created 25-01-2012

hi there i have had my ps3 for a bit and the net has worked befor on it i use a wired connection as im out of range of the house wireless but since i updated my ps3 to the new 4.00 the ps3 is acting as if there is no connection at all coming throu my cable  i know the cable still works as i use it in my pc as well can anyone help me out. i have not been able to get it working now for a month  and want to play wmy games online .

i have tryed to set up the connection setting again and nothing works ive even tryed wipeing the ps3 clean but the firmwear stayed the same and still dousent work 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (586 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: my ps3 internet is not working

[ Edited ]

Yeah you can't remove firmware from the PS3 without resorting to nefarious (and against ToS) methods.

What happens if you run the PS3 connection test? Does it just not recognise there's an ethernet cable?

I presume you've tried re-setting up the connection in the Network Settings menu?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (580 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

why i try the test is dousent say nothing for ages and says failed and times out  and yes i tryed re doingthe settings

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (568 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Well there are two things it might be worth trying, I dunno how practical they are for you though.

First, if it's possible to try connecting the PS3 to the network wirelessly, you could test whether the router/ISP is at fault.

Alternatively, if you know someone with a PS3 who might be able to try setting up their PS3 with your network, you could see whether the problem lies with the console (the ethernet port, for example).
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (562 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

ok i can try them out

ill get bk to you on them :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (557 Views)
0 Kudos