[EN] Archive

Technical Help

Technical Help

09 Apr 2012
By: DEANOJUKES2

2 Posts

my ps3 keeps crashing when i try to play any cod games!

4 Replies 813 Views Created 09-04-2012

it was working the fine the other day, and suddenley today it crashes as soon as it gets the multplayer loading screen. or on black ops, it crashes on the loading screen after the lobby.  however i can still play racoon city online without a problem. why is this?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (813 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Re: my ps3 keeps crashing when i try to play any cod games!

Are you running any torrents on any of your computers it seems to be a common cause for a few with COD problems exiting them seems to fix the problem.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (810 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Disable any torrenting software on your PCs. COD and uTorrent share the same ports so tend to conflict. Try that and see if it helps.

If that isn't effective, delete the Call of Duty game data files and reinstall the games, their patches and any addon packs and see if that helps. Do it in that order to avoid any issues :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (796 Views)
0 Kudos

i dont have any torrent software at all :smileysad:. i was playing it this morning fr about half hour without any trouble before it did this again :smileysad:. ive been told to format utility by a pal of mine. do any of you suggest this?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (780 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

[ Edited ]

It's most likely a router issue try the old rebooting trick by turning it off for a few minutes with everything else off aswell router back on first when its ready try the PS3 again.

Failing that log into your router configuration pages and check it's software is up-to-date can usually be updated from these pages by clicking update in one of the menu's somewhere.  

Alternatively you could try putting your PS3 in your routers DMZ putting it basically outside the firewall in theory opening the connection more. http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-General/How-to-put-your-PS3-into-a-DMZ/td...

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (771 Views)
0 Kudos