21 Jun 2008
By J490NNA

Playstation Staff

my ps3 wont play anything!!!!

13 Replies 1,881 Views Created 22-06-2008
whenever i put a disc in my ps3 it doesnt seem to know its there. i have tried it with ps3 games dvds and cds but nothing is coming up and i cant play them. whats wrong and can it be fixed?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14 (1,881 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: my ps3 wont play anything!!!!

Your optical drive has packed in. Ring the Sony careline and they will arrange for it to be replaced. It will take 2 days. A delivery man will arrive at your door with a big pink box with a PS3 in it and you will just swap your broken one for the new one.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14 (1,878 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I've got the same problem here. I've had the PS3 about 8 months now... Will they just come and pick it up no matter where u got it from?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14 (1,828 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

as long as it is a uk version ps3 then the uk sony careline will help you out. they will not replace or repair consoles from other regions.
www.ps3trophies.co.uk
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14 (1,822 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

01923 653598 call this number(it's the LOCAL call rate and NOT the expensive 0870 rate) for the sony careline....

addicted to PSV GD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14 (1,775 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Same here! My PS3 System just does not want to play anything i put the game in and then it comes up 'An error occurred during the start operation'
Reece Pilgrim
SnakeCracker
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14 (1,600 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

before you try phoning sony it might be worth backing up game saves & any data you want to keep thats on the hdd.    then do a full format which will wipe the hdd clean & reset everything back to factory default settings,   then try your discs & if the problem is still their then you will need to give sony a call.
www.ps3trophies.co.uk
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14 (1,590 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

okay thanks, ill try that.
Reece Pilgrim
SnakeCracker
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14 (1,580 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

did not work it red it then then went funny then did not read it at all. :smileysad:
Reece Pilgrim
SnakeCracker
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14 (1,570 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

i would say it sounds like you will need to phone the careline.  the uk number is: 08705 99 88 77

www.ps3trophies.co.uk
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14 (1,559 Views)
0 Kudos