25 Mar 2006
Playstation Staff

plz plz plz help me

6 Replies 484 Views Created 25-03-2006
hey i wnt to get ps2 net play set up. I have an ntl set top box for the internet modem an i have only just read that on the wizzards ultimate guide to network gaming that i cnt use the ntl set top box for ps2 net play because set top boxes dnt allow online gaming with consoles. The wizzard says in his guide that you need to get a modem or router. I woz wondering because i have to get wireless if i connect this clicky to my set top box. Would it work because the wizzard dusnt mention wireless gaming in his guide. plz help me get online thx

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (484 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

No Subject

you can get online through your set top box they say you can't but its ********, connect your network lead from the back of the set top box then into your ps2, you'll need to know your ip address and your mac address you should find them in properties under my computer on your pc. once thats all done manually config your ps2 don't let it do it itself cause your tricking the set top box into thinking your ps2 is your pc, and thats it. i know this works cause an ntl tech showed me, if you still have trouble just get a cable modem and keep changing the leads round unless you need your ps2 and pc on at the same time!!!!!!! hope this helps in some way and happy gaming dude
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (484 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

No Subject

cheers. thx alot m8

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (484 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

No Subject

hey how do ya meen config ure ps2

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (484 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

No Subject

do ya mean put the settings in myself

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (483 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

No Subject

quote:
Originally posted by living199: hey how do ya meen config ure ps2
Before you can play online you have to set up a file on your memory card to tell your PS2 about your network set up - network configuration file. You'll find the utility to do this on most online games or the NAD -Network access disc (Central Station disc).
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (483 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

No Subject

cheers

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (483 Views)
0 Kudos