23 Feb 2012
By edywap

Playstation Staff

ps vita wont turn on - no light

[ Edited ]
10 Replies 5,730 Views edited 23-02-2012

i suspect that i have faulty ps vita. When i first turned on ps vita. it worked perfectly and decided to turn it off. the second time i turned it on, it won't turn on. i have tried holding power for 30 seconds or longer but it doesnt help (no light nothing). I have also tried charging till the charge light is off but no luck. there's not even a light when i tried to turn on the ps vita.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (5,730 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: ps vita wont turn on - no light

I've got the exact same problem man.,, i bought him today and played on it for a while then turned it off/ wanted to turn back on again but nothing seems to happen the only think that i see is the Blue light just blinking. What am i supposed to do now?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (5,585 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

same here ive been playing it for about an hour turned it off came to check on it and all i see is a black screen with the ps button lit up

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (5,567 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Hi same here, I got my psvita delivered from PLAY.COM yesterday. I updated and played on it, all fine. then this morning I was on my ps3 downloading psp games for my new vita. went to turn my vita on to transfer the data, and all i get is the blue light on PS button. this has totally ***** me off, 

I cant find a physical phone number to ring Sony up ... Im not wasting £270 on a useless lump of crap.

SONY GET MY VITA WORKING  ........ NOW. !!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (5,470 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Hi Guys .... got it working ... Held down the power button for a full count of 30 seconds, released my sore finger then counted 10 and switched it back on. I was greeted by a Rebuild your psvita screen. it seems to be working fine. I pray thats yours also get sorted out .. goood luck. And lets hope SONY put a phone number that we can use to contact them.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (5,467 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!:heart:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (5,445 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

thank you are a great help thank you again

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (5,430 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have the same problem. It's completely 'dead'. The PS button doesn't light up.

Tried the various button combinations I've found on the web. (Hold the power button for 30 seconds, hold power/right trigger/PS button).

I've tried both charging with just the USB cable connected to me PC as well as in various wallsockets.

I did get to charge it once (yesterday) which worked fine. Then I played it till it switched itself off, hooked it up to charge it. Came back a few hours later to find it not working

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (5,404 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

It could be a charging problem. I had the same problem. Tried everything. Called Sony . Vita was charging & working fine. Played game & run the battery down. I plugged in the vita cable to an AC USB plug (not Sony's). The battery charge icon did not show that it was charging. Left it over night & next day battery was still dead. Then when holding power button down it would not power on & no light came on. Plugged it into PS3 yellow light came on & blinked. Problem is it will charge using Playstation console USB port but will take twice as long. Will not charge using any USB AC plug except Sony's which comes with your vita. Hope this helps. Went crazy trying to figure it out. Found out that lots of people are doing the same thing.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (5,351 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Phone number for US Sony vita support 1 800 345 7669.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (5,349 Views)
0 Kudos