14 Apr 2012
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

ps3 game data corrupt problem and disc scratching

5 Replies 2,046 Views Created 14-04-2012

hi guys,

im having serious problems with my playstation first i put mw3 in it took the disc but it wouldn't come up on screen been happening for a few weeks now have to try bout 8 times an it works but yesterday it didn't work at all took it out an it had a huge circle scratch, played silent hill and half way through it came up with message saying "game data is corrupt you must delete game data to play this game" so i did then it wouldn't work at all it kept freezing on loading screen deleted game data again it worked but came up with corrupt message again further through the game at the same place 4 times, i gave up, playing saw 2 today on 2nd level came up with corrupt message, deleted data, now it wont load. played MW3 and i keep getting disc read error even online. gta 4 i have never had a problem with now getting disc read error, silent hill and gta 4 have no scratches or even dirt they are in perfect condition, silent hill is only 2 days old.

if anyone can help please do this is driving me crazy and i got a feeling this is a problem with my playstation not the discs, i just got a new ps3 because my old one wouldn't play bluray films and stopped playing some games like fallout new vegas it would just come up with a black screen, please help don't want a new ps3 its only 5 months old.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (2,046 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: ps3 game data corrupt problem and disc scratching

Sounds like your hard drive is faulty. Have you tried changing it?
Follow fi8767 on Twitter
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (2,045 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

no,

i have a 320gb slim i dont know how to get to it, its not like the old ps3.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (2,044 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

would sound fix or replace my ps3 as its only 5 months old i bought it new?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (2,042 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Very easy to change the hard drive on the slim consoles and much cheaper than to buy a replacement.
You just need to buy a 2.5" hard drive which you can find by searching "ps3 hard drive" on a site such as amazon
Then just follow one of the many YouTube guides for replacing the drive, it's really simple :smileyhappy:
Follow fi8767 on Twitter
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (2,038 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

lucky i got playstation plus so all my games are on online storage,

thank you i will do it right now.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (2,035 Views)
0 Kudos