07 Jan 2011
Playstation Staff

ps3 turns off when i try to play modern warfare 2 online

2 Replies 370 Views Created 07-01-2011

my ps3 turns off every time i try to play modern warfare online. when i get in the game and only when i play online it does that and for someother games aswell but if i play any other game online it doesnt do that what should i do?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3 (370 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Re: ps3 turns off when i try to play modern warfare 2 online

physically turns off?

the instant you choose online play?

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3 (333 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: ps3 turns off when i try to play modern warfare 2 online

i have had the same issue with my cheche 1. i replaced the blue ray player at cost but it still persists. ive been told that if your ps3 is more than a few years old the heat sync dries up and causes it to overheat, as a preventative measure it switches off and flashes red. some say yellow light of death is immanent but i dont think so as there are many reasons for this ***** up on cod2. maybe its the update? heatsync? i just cannot get to the bottom of it, but i will. heatsync is cheap, but stay away from silicon based product, they say quick silver is best. u choose. anyhow ive seen videos on youtube showing how to replace it, u dont have to be a clever clogs to replace it, just make sure you remember where all the screws go when u have taken it apart. enjoy...scouser...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3 (140 Views)
0 Kudos