07 Jan 2008

Playstation Staff

"Network Cable Unplugged" PS3 doesnt go online anymore

4 Replies 262 Views Created 07-01-2008
Hi, I'm not the best of people with computers and recently this problem has arose:

Whenever I try going online with PS3 an icon on my hotbar on the PC says, "network cable unplugged" and the connection fails. I tried to make a new wired connection under network settings on the PS3 but to no luck, it only says "could not obtain IP address, server timed out".

This is becoming frustrating as yesterday I could access PS3 online fine, and was on COD4, the problems seemed to start after I deleted a demo I recently downloaded of blazing angels.

I use a ethernet cable which goes directly from the LAN socket in my PC to the socket of my PS3 and that seemed to work fine for the last week, under my tool bar on my PC it says that the LAN is connected with 100mbps and that Network bridge is working. But whenever I now try to run internet connection tests on the PS3 it comes up with "network cable is unplugged".

Im at a loss of what to do, only 2 weeks ago i tried to install wireless modem router only to fail so I have that lying in a box, at the moment I'm using a Thompson SpeedTouch ADSL Wired Modem on Orange Broadband.

Help is much appreciated,
Inept_gamer
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (262 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: "Network Cable Unplugged" PS3 doesnt go online anymore

have you checked the "shared" connection on you PC?

addicted to PSV GD
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (262 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

sorry to sound stupid, but I dont know what or where a shared connection is?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (262 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

what (pc) operating system are you using? to see if your connection is shared on xp click the following
start/connect to/show all conections/(then click your internet connection)/Advance/Click internet share.
i think vista maybe the same aswell.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (262 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

no success, still not letting me go online on PS3, I'm out of ideas
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (262 Views)
0 Kudos