24 Jan 2012

Playstation Staff

"This is an invalid disc. (80029903)" Error message when trying to play World's On Fire Blu-Ray.

7 Replies 6,895 Views Created 24-01-2012

Hi,

I just got a brand new from Amazon.co.uk sealed copy of The Prodigy - World's On Fire Blu-Ray. When I try to play it in my PS3 I get an error message that reads "This is an invalid disc. (80029903)".

The PS3 was bought brand new from GAME in December, it is a 320GB model.

I have tested all the other Blu-Ray discs I own (22) and they all still play fine, it is just this one.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (6,895 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: "This is an invalid disc. (80029903)" Error message when trying to play World's On Fir

Are there any visible scratches/blemishes on the disk itself? Also, does the region of the blu-ray disc match the region of your console?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc#Region_codes

It seems to be a common enough problem, but one without a clear solution.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/Prodigy-World-s-on-Fire-Blu-ray-fails-to-play/...

http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php?s=da55c05c847f5dc702c48da285ee6f57&t=716254&page=3
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (6,880 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: "This is an invalid disc. (80029903)" Error message when trying to play World's On Fir

[ Edited ]

Leakster88 wrote:

Hi,

I just got a brand new from Amazon.co.uk sealed copy of The Prodigy - World's On Fire Blu-Ray. When I try to play it in my PS3 I get an error message that reads "This is an invalid disc. (80029903)".

The PS3 was bought brand new from GAME in December, it is a 320GB model.

I have tested all the other Blu-Ray discs I own (22) and they all still play fine, it is just this one.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Hi Leakster88,

This error code is just a general indicator that the discs is not reading, and the official advice is to check the reading surface of the disc to ensure it is clean and free from scratches.

There are a number of other things that can be checked as well: Discs are not loading in my PlayStation 3?

Let me know how you get on,

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (6,871 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hi guys,

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I've tried everything already with no result. Regions all match up and the disc is brand new and looks it....it seems to be a common problem but with no solution.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (6,855 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure there's a lot you can do to be honest, it seems to be an inherent problem with the disc's compatibility with the PS3. What's Amazon's return policy like?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (6,854 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Reasonable, so that's what I'm going to do. It's really annoying because....it can't be all copies or all PS3s or there would be a lot more talk about it. Is it certain PS3 models or certain copies of the disc? There's no concrete answer. I guess all I'm providing here is another dead end thread for people who search this in the future :-/

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (6,848 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Leakster88 wrote:

Reasonable, so that's what I'm going to do. It's really annoying because....it can't be all copies or all PS3s or there would be a lot more talk about it. Is it certain PS3 models or certain copies of the disc? There's no concrete answer. I guess all I'm providing here is another dead end thread for people who search this in the future :-/

Seems to me there are enough reports of the problem that it's pretty widespread. Alas, short of getting in touch with the publisher, there's not a lot that can be done. Good luck!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (6,845 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

Hi guys,

Im going to ask about this and see where you need to go for support us or the disk publisher.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (5,784 Views)
0 Kudos